The photos thread

Here’s one I know a few of you will love…

A fun day at the local range renewing my Concealed Carry Permit for another 5 years.

30 rounds: 10 each from 5, 7 & 10 yards.
Glock 19, 9mm.

Not bad for not shooting for almost a year!
IMG_0547.jpeg

No, I don’t know where that 7 came from either! Must have snatched at one!! ;-)

FYI, it is scary that even in IL, the last state to OK guns and concealed carry, out of the 30 shots above, only 21 are required to even hit the silhouette to be considered qualified to carry a gun.

Ready, fire, aim!

Once, when my brother and his wife came over from Dukinfield, I told him we’d go shopping at the high end outlet “down the road.” 40 minutes and 3 highways later we arrived and he said “it’s like going to Birmingham to go shopping!”

I’d forgotten how great the distances are in the States compared to at home! We will drive 1,500 miles and 24 hours to FL and not think too much about it, so when I saw this little thing, I had to send it to him!

Anyone who lives in a big, spread out country will recognize it…

IMG_6383.jpeg

My son treated himself to his first (tandem) parachute jump after earning his Commercial Pilot Certificate! My wife thanked him for not telling her beforehand, but I just asked him why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane?!

-QmkhDG8.jpeg4_rWVyzB.jpeg

Bring your Kid to Work Day!

IMG_2167.jpeg

He just finished his Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument Certificate and is currently working on his Multi-Engine Rating.

If he gets hired, he’ll be a 3rd Generation pilot at the airline, with at least one pilot in our family at the airline from 1966-2065, from his Grandpa’s (My F-I-L) start to my son’s projected retirement…EXACTLY ONE CENTURY!!!

Here’s one I know a few of you will love…

A fun day at the local range renewing my Concealed Carry Permit for another 5 years.

30 rounds: 10 each from 5, 7 & 10 yards.
Glock 19, 9mm.

Not bad for not shooting for almost a year!
View attachment 110361

No, I don’t know where that 7 came from either! Must have snatched at one!! ;-)

FYI, it is scary that even in IL, the last state to OK guns and concealed carry, out of the 30 shots above, only 21 are required to even hit the silhouette to be considered qualified to carry a gun.

Ready, fire, aim!
Couldn’t shoot a barn door ;)

My son treated himself to his first (tandem) parachute jump after earning his Commercial Pilot Certificate! My wife thanked him for not telling her beforehand, but I just asked him why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane?!

View attachment 110363View attachment 110364
Why?

Because it’s an awesome adrenalin filled experience.

I did my first jump many, many years ago and not a tandem jump. A days training and up in the air for the jump in late afternoon.

I can’t really put into words how it felt, but the feelings of that first time experience have never left me. It wasn’t fear, it was something about being perched on the very edge of the plane doorway and getting a tap on the shoulder to jump. It was a sort of split second decision to overcome the feeling of safety and security of the plane and force myself to jump out into ‘nothing’.

1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 4,000…..check! Then admire the scenery as I gently floated down to earth.

Sure I had a parachute on and a reserve, but that didn’t enter the equation at the time.

I know your sons was a tandem jump, but I’m sure he felt similar feelings. Looks like he enjoyed it.

Why?

Because it’s an awesome adrenalin filled experience.

I did my first jump many, many years ago and not a tandem jump. A days training and up in the air for the jump in late afternoon.

I can’t really put into words how it felt, but the feelings of that first time experience have never left me. It wasn’t fear, it was something about being perched on the very edge of the plane doorway and getting a tap on the shoulder to jump. It was a sort of split second decision to overcome the feeling of safety and security of the plane and force myself to jump out into ‘nothing’.

1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 4,000…..check! Then admire the scenery as I gently floated down to earth.

Sure I had a parachute on and a reserve, but that didn’t enter the equation at the time.

I know your sons was a tandem jump, but I’m sure he felt similar feelings. Looks like he enjoyed it.
I think I can see his point as a pilot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.