The photos thread

This is little Alfie - blind and abandoned and now running the household, renamed the Yorkshire terrorist!
My dogs just gone blind. She seems to cope reasonably well but keeps bumping into stuff and occasionally jumps off the couch to crash on the floor. Any advice?

My dogs just gone blind. She seems to cope reasonably well but keeps bumping into stuff and occasionally jumps off the couch to crash on the floor. Any advice?
Hi we have two blind rescues. Alfie the one in photo was apparently born blind but the other one went blind after a virus. My best advice is over time they map out their living space so if possible don’t move stuff around a lot and if you do give her time to “re map”. Also some people say to give them toys that rattle or squeak. Which works for Alfie but not our other blind boy LBW. The rattle scared him. So basically don’t change too much in her environment food and water in same place etc and try noisy toys if she likes to play it’s easier for them to locate apparently… good luck!

083-E295-D-8-A1-A-4382-AD81-667-B1-B0-A6818.jpg

Last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.