The positive and sensible thread

kupest

I probably don't post as much as the others but I do read a lot of stuff on here and I must say the shit that Pellegrini and the players have got since yesterday has been insane and unwarranted.

Now, I am not saying that there weren't any mistakes but calling for a new manager because we lost a game is just poor from a lot of us. The likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool are already out and no manager is under pressure because of a loss in the FA cup. We are not Bayern Munich where we can expect to win all the domestic games.

Regarding tactics when Pelle chose 1 up top for Barca and then lost everyone said he should have gone 2 up top. When he lost with 2 everyone is saying 1 up top. Hindsight is always a good thing and the XI put out there yesterday would have beaten 9/10 times and unluckily it wasn't to be. I have read some very good posters calling him out and asking for a change and that has surprised me a lot. We scored 5 against Spurs nearly 1 month back and then we had an average month. Teams always have blips and its how we bounce back from them.

So my point of starting this thread is to keep all the negativity about the players and the manager out of this thread and have a good discussion on the team. There is nothing positive on this forum on the first page and I am sure the Chelsea, Arse and Rag fans would love to be in our situation. Hopefully on here, posters who are still positive about the team would sensibly discuss the positive of the games and the team and the mistakes without the "knee jerk" reaction and without the "I said so".

If there is another thread about the same, mods feel free to merge :).

P.S: Please no slagging players, manager or the team on here.

I love this thread, I love our team, I love Mr Pellegrini and his staff and I know that yesterday was just a blip.

We fight to the end, we fight to the end, we're Man City we fight to the end.

The Boys in Blue never give in.

I love positive and sensible. Thank you OP.

My positive take on the current situation:-

1. Shed loads of money saved by not being at Wembley.
2. No MDM to watch on Wednesday.
3. Club will now have to prioritise the buying of the players we require to strengthen our weaknesses.

I tried to think of more but failed miserably.

The reaction to yesterday's defeat was astounding and summed up a lot of the 'instant return' culture we are saddled with. What if you'd said back in the summer "Pellers will win nowt in the 1st year but it will be very fun and some footy will amaze you but in his 2nd, more settled season, it'll be the league and a cup". People would have settled happily for that.

We've won a cup, we're still a shout for the league (though I do confess it's looking a bit fragile) and I think a lot of squad trimming and reshaping will be done over summer. I cant really see a problem. I found yesterday frustrating too but an hour later it all sinks in again that we're in the fight in every competition we enter now, we are not just making up numbers anymore.

It saddens me to read the sort of kneejerk stuff I've been seeing here of late. For me, yeah I'd LOVE to see us progress in the CL. I would have loved for us to have won the FA Cup. Winning the league would be perfect! But if all we end up with is a top four finish and the CC I won't be too down. This season I've watched a team I've followed for most of my forty years play devastating, delicious football. I've watched is carve opposition, strong opposition, to pieces. It's been a wonderful first season for Pellegrini whether we haul in a brace of silverware or not.

Just think, if he's done this in his first season with the team what are we in for next year after a healthy transfer window? I've not given up on this season yet, far from it, if we even pick up some of the form we had earlier in the season we'll be right up there. But next year, I think it's going to be irresistible football.

"Regarding tactics when Pelle chose 1 up top for Barca and then lost everyone said he should have gone 2 up top. When he lost with 2 everyone is saying..."

Not everyone. The Barca selection had some thought behind it and was sensible. There wasn't much wrong with yesterday's selection except Navas and Richards don't work together and I am not a fan of Toure and Garcia as a midfield two. Especially against a midfield 5 in full on press and harry mode.

And I hate threads titled 'The positive and sensible thread'. Seriously its annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.