The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Amazing stuff, just watched that back & cheers for posting. I’m a bit young to remember that one.

I think we are at cross purposes at bit though, as that was undoubtedly at more epic race than Imola, and some of those crowd scenes with all the French fans going bananas behind the barriers are great, but I was really talking about the quality of those images on that particular section on the ridge from the air, alongside the rider. The sort of thing that would look fantastic as a still framed on a wall.
Yeah,get what you’re saying - the aesthetic of it.

Hope you meant the women’s elite race. A bunch finish but Kopecky was just too strong for the rest and retained her title. Men’s elite race today, 170 miles slog;)
Yep, epic crowds - watching it before and after our womens match today (and at half time)!.

Vollering was getting a lot of criticism afterwards yesterday, which I think was a bit unfair and simplistic really, without any of us knowing what the Dutch team had planned. Yes, in retrospect she ending up helping Kopecky win, but if she hadn’t done that she wouldn’t have won either.

Fabulous, utterly fabulous.

I would actually like to see him target Milan San Remo and Paris Roubaix next year, so he has the full set :-)

Fabulous, utterly fabulous.

I would actually like to see him target Milan San Remo and Paris Roubaix next year, so he has the full set :-)
Think MSR will be the hardest by dint of fact it’s generally considered the easiest (if you can call 179 miles at 28mph “easy’) to win (and they’re all fucking brutal, hence they’re Monuments).
He’s never ridden PR and it’s a rare thing for a debutant to win it. But he’s capable; his bike handling skills are superb; he’s got the “minerals” to ride on the cobbles. And it’s rarely a “wet” race these days.
I’d love him to do it.
If he wins both monuments he’d be third rider to have won al 5 plus the arc en ciel.
The kid’s mustard

Awesome by Pogi today. Genuinely thought he was stringing the chasers along in the last 10km. Give them a few seconds back and build up a bit of hope then whooosh! It’s the hope that kills you. The man is a machine. If he’s not juiced up he is beyond human - and I believe he is clean. Hope he is anyway as I love watching him.

Awesome by Pogi today. Genuinely thought he was stringing the chasers along in the last 10km. Give them a few seconds back and build up a bit of hope then whooosh! It’s the hope that kills you. The man is a machine. If he’s not juiced up he is beyond human - and I believe he is clean. Hope he is anyway as I love watching him.
My views on him mirror yours in every respect pal.

I know it’s not Road, but World gravel championships mens race on this afternoon (now).

Looks fantastic on the tv, and a lot more relatable to kind of routes that many people do for leisure or MTB rides I think. Makes you realise how boring road racing can look sometimes.

Anyway, I’m guessing MvdP is gonna be favourite here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.