The problem with Robinho....

Robbie10

Is, he believe it or not, is the key to this project.

I love the guy, I think he is brilliant. But I have not been impressed with him recently. First, storming away from training without telling anyone and then that disgraceful performance on saturday. I, like the other supporters there, spent good hard earned money to go to Portsmouth and its onyl fair that we expect our players to try, which Robinho did not. It didn't look good for him, that he put in a fantastic performance for Brazil and then that.

I have just come back from Brazil, travelling (about a month ago I returned) and there were a fair few locals who speak English. We got chatting about Robbie and they all said he becomes very bored easily. He has high hopes to go to a club, but within a short time he becomes bored. This is what I fear about Robino. That he expected us to be challenging for trophies straight away and that not being in the champions league again next season is going to make him unsettled. He is the key to the project. If he is happy here for many years, then there is no doubt in time the big name stars are going to come. Kaka can get stuffed. Whatever he says, he didn't turn us down, we turned HIM down. his pretend loyalty to Milan makes me sick. Other stars though. But if things turn ugly with Robbie, he will cause a fuss, leave, bad mouth us and none of the stars will want to come! its frightening really.

My heart says Robbie will be here for many years. My head says we will be lucky to have him at the start of the 10-11 season

Whatever happens, we are city and we are bigger than any one player!

As soon as he walked from the Tenerife training camp he should been fucked off.That action
undermines all the coaching staff and causes a breakdown of respect from the other players
The problem with Robinho is he is as bad as he is good and by that i mean his attitude towards
individual games.Love the happy player Hate the sulker

MCFC_Freestyler said:
IMO It's quite simple, he doesn't want to play under hughes

I think this is the truth. I don't think Robinho believes Hughes is the answer (like so many fans!) and does not believe he's the man to take us forward. What has Hughes ever achieved?

Overachieving with Wales and Blackburn and making them hard to beat? Lovely, great credentials to move this 'project' forward. No - we need a big name with big quality who is used to handling big players with a winning mentality and done so previously.

TBH Robinho is about as much to Hughes brand of footaball as an ash tray on a motorbike, a very expensive ash I hastend to add. It is very difficult to shoe horn players in that don't fit the mould our brand of football dictates. In all honesty I think Robbie has probably been given the nod that a change in management is just around the corner but will more than likely be at the end of the season.

We have to understand he used to play for winning. He played in the most important team all over the world. He was in the TOP 10 of the Golden Ball when he played for Real Madrid.

Robinho was one of the most important players in Europe. This year, after he signed for us, he has not been in the TOP 50 of de Golden Ball or the FIFA world player. Because City... is City. not particulary a superbig team.

Florentino Pérez and Zidane will command Real Madrid next year. They love Robinho. And it is very hard, but i think Robinho is very dissapointed here. Although I am not worried about it next year. The problem will come after the World Cup. Robinho will be one of the best players in the competition and he will feel he has to play in a first class team.

We signed Robinho when we were not as good as he need.

Robinho is a special player. Brazil is a special team. City is a special club... for us.

It is very difficult to see the best Robinho in City if our players are not as good as him. Real Madrid and Brazil showed/shows a fantastic Robson who is the best player in Premier with Ronaldo, Torres and Gerrard.

Spanish said:
We have to understand he used to play for winning. He played in the most important team all over the world. He was in the TOP 10 of the Golden Ball when he played for Real Madrid.

Robinho was one of the most important players in Europe. This year, after he signed for us, he has not been in the TOP 50 of de Golden Ball or the FIFA world player. Because City... is City. not particulary a superbig team.

Florentino Pérez and Zidane will command Real Madrid next year. They love Robinho. And it is very hard, but i think Robinho is very dissapointed here. Although I am not worried about it next year. The problem will come after the World Cup. Robinho will be one of the best players in the competition and he will feel he has to play in a first class team.

We signed Robinho when we were not as good as he need.

Robinho is a special player. Brazil is a special team. City is a special club... for us.

It is very difficult to see the best Robinho in City if our players are not as good as him. Real Madrid and Brazil showed/shows a fantastic Robson who is the best player in Premier with Ronaldo, Torres and Gerrard.

alright robinho mate, any chance you could spare me the 150,000 you and Hughes cost me on my footie docket at the weekend

well i started a thread a while about being fed up with brazilians. i asked of any of them had really made it in our rush rush premier league. somebody pointed to juninho. even tho' i would agree he always gave his all boro' did go down twice with him in the team. obviously robbie is a great player as is elano and even jo is picked by brazil. but isn't that the problem. they are great playing with other great brazilian players but in out team be honest now how many good games has robbie really played for us. do you not get the feeling rightly or wrongly that hughes feels the same? i don't know the answer as i'm sure nobody else does maybe just maybe we might be better side without any of them. just a thought before i get slaughterd on here. as for our new found wealth of course we needed it or we would be in real trouble but that again isn't helping much. we are all thinking this summer will get it sorted but will it? probably not in europe at all. clubs still will ask ridiculous prices and the players will want stupid wages. which could unsettle even more of our less well paid players. again got no easy answer but all in all don't see any chance of becoming one of the so calleld big four as quickly as we and i hoped at the beginning of this season. sadly.

C_T_I_D said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
IMO It's quite simple, he doesn't want to play under hughes

I think this is the truth. I don't think Robinho believes Hughes is the answer (like so many fans!) and does not believe he's the man to take us forward. What has Hughes ever achieved?

Overachieving with Wales and Blackburn and making them hard to beat? Lovely, great credentials to move this 'project' forward. No - we need a big name with big quality who is used to handling big players with a winning mentality and done so previously.

could,nt give a fuck if robinho think,s hughes is the answer or not he gets paid 160k a week doing a job he loves if i was getting that kind of money for playing football i,d be sweating blood if he don,t like it fuck him off out of the team and stop his wages you will soon see a turnaround in thought

mancyman said:
well i started a thread a while about being fed up with brazilians. i asked of any of them had really made it in our rush rush premier league. somebody pointed to juninho. even tho' i would agree he always gave his all boro' did go down twice with him in the team. obviously robbie is a great player as is elano and even jo is picked by brazil. but isn't that the problem. they are great playing with other great brazilian players but in out team be honest now how many good games has robbie really played for us. do you not get the feeling rightly or wrongly that hughes feels the same? i don't know the answer as i'm sure nobody else does maybe just maybe we might be better side without any of them. just a thought before i get slaughterd on here. as for our new found wealth of course we needed it or we would be in real trouble but that again isn't helping much. we are all thinking this summer will get it sorted but will it? probably not in europe at all. clubs still will ask ridiculous prices and the players will want stupid wages. which could unsettle even more of our less well paid players. again got no easy answer but all in all don't see any chance of becoming one of the so calleld big four as quickly as we and i hoped at the beginning of this season. sadly.
Your post is not as ridiculous as it sounds, and I actually agree with you.

Robinho,Elano and Jo don’t suite MH style of play, you only have to look at MH signings to see this, it is not working trying to incorporate technically gifted players in to his side, it goes against his ethos, I actually think it is creating a problem and unbalancing the whole side

I honestly believe he would play none of them if he had his way, and sacrifice skill and technique for commitment and more work rate.

In all fairness he has a case after Sunday, but is it the way forward I think not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.