The purist treble

They didnt have a world cup in the middle of it either , could work both ways that, in our favour or against it, but it still stands,
a world cup in the middle.

Reactions: PPT
I was in Boots, Muswell Hill the other day and said to lad serving ‘Coukd I have these please!’ ‘I like yer accent ‘,he says. (Solid North Mancunian from me and a very distinct foreign edge to his - and not ‘cockney!’They don’t like it in Milan’ I tell him. Why’s that ? My son’s fiancee explains that I’m a City fan. I’m a United fan he says! Oooooh did yer like Gundog’s goal?, I ask. I was in the kitchen and my son shouted Goal! He sez he ran in thinking United had scored. Wonder if there was a more disappointed guy in North London on Cup Final day?

We will say ours is better

They will say theirs is better

The fact that not one fan will break ranks shows that it’s all completely tribal and based on nothing so just enjoy our achievement without referencing something somebody else did 24 years ago.

Until the media brought all this up I wasn’t even aware this was a thing between the fans. I just wanted the CL.

The Purist Treble sounds like something Liverpool would say along the lines of More than a Club or It matters more.

Do we want to go down this line? Really?

They didnt have a world cup in the middle of it either , could work both ways that, in our favour or against it, but it still stands,
a world cup in the middle.
We lost more players to the WC than any other PL team so faced greater disruption.
I know Gary James says they can't be compared and my cousin said the same as we searched for an airport bus after the final but I'm writing an article for the next KOTK and while the trophies are the same the difficulties are not.
For example: The top four leagues in European football are England, Spain, Italy and Germany and six of our seven opponents came from those leagues. - That is doing it the hard way.

They can say what they want - our's is The Champions' Treble - we entered the tournament as Champions from 2021/22; they didn't - they were runners-up in the previous season.

Ours was the Champions' Treble.
Like it!
Champions Treble,
You'll never sing that......

Phil Foden wasn't even born when United achieved their treble therefore it doesn't count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.