The really useful gadget thread;

That's something like what Bear grills would use whilst spending the night camping inside a sheep's bottom. I like my luxuries far too much Denis, but if skimping on yer vittles buys you another holiday then fair fooks. The last time I used one of those Frenchie things was for pressing centennial hops for our Home Brew so I guess a time and a place for everything. I dread to think how you would go on with teabagging : /
There is a certain type of sad people who buy into the consumer market and measure their sad existence by their possession of the latest must have pile of shit.
You can tell them a mile away.
They prattle on endlessly about coffee machines and televisions and holiday companies.
Meanwhile the executives who gleefully fleece these fools are laughing at their gullibility.
Troll on mate, in the meantime try not to forget what coffee used to taste like.

There is a certain type of sad people who buy into the consumer market and measure their sad existence by their possession of the latest must have pile of shit.
You can tell them a mile away.
They prattle on endlessly about coffee machines and televisions and holiday companies.
Meanwhile the executives who gleefully fleece these fools are laughing at their gullibility.
Troll on mate, in the meantime try not to forget what coffee used to taste like.
Put down your bottle of prosecco and rolled up newspaper you giddy olden sausage and chill, your behaving like Stadler and Waldorf on a bad day: You'd be better off sticking with the teabagging.

Last edited:
Ended up with free coffee for a year from Tassimo as they consistently missed delivery slots, then became dissalusioned with their levels of service, so gave the machine to the daughter who's enjoying it immensly, particularly the Americano.

Anyway, we wanted more from our coffee experiance, so after intense debate have decided to actually grind our own beans and then simply filter the results with our new Optima Mellita.

This bad boy's just arrived from the inventors of filter coffee. They were selling it at a hefty discount from other retail outlets that wanted £53-£55. Melitta sell direct for £35 and our delivery with DPD only took two days from order to door. If you join their newsletter you can have 5% knocked off or alternatively if you have a blue light card you can get an impresive 15% off at checkout, so around £30 and nearly half price. Hoozah! https://www.melitta.co.uk/

w4bEcUn.jpg

3OhQBm5.jpg

Some reviews from the Amazonians here.

Plenty of grinders on the market but we have decided to err with a Burr (see beginers guide below)

Here pictured with an emergency bag of Latvita ground beans until the Grinder arrives.

OV231fF.jpg

Any recomendations as to bean choice re taste and value?

mighty-vaporiser-xl.png

My new vape for cannabis. I'm now completely tobacco free. Cost a bit, but it's better for my lungs.

I drink Kenco rich. Mrs KS on the other hand scours the internet for exotic beans, uses a grinder and cafetière. Can you get civet coffee in a pod, or just Blue Mountain?
My gadget of choice is a food processor.

My gadget of choice is a food processor.
A very usable piece of kit and a massive time saver for food prep. For me it has to be the multi oven device they call a Ninja, with so many applications for home cooking. It couldn't have arrived at a better time during this cost of living crisis, as it can can pressure cook, air fry, grill, bake, steam our steak puddings to perfection, slow cook our meat and caseroles and is tip top for baking and roasting.

It's so versatile and part of our day to day ablusions, that we would find it difficult to know how we'd manage without it. Incredible for the chip butties at half time.

Ours is the nine in one but they do produce an amazing device called the 15 in one

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.