The reasons why that one really hurt

Didsbury Dave said:
I've sat through more gut-wrenching derbies than I can remember. The ones whch stick out as the most painful are the 3-2 defeat when we were 2-0 up at half time, the 1-2 FA Cup defeat and the 0-5. Oh, and that 3-2 at home the season we went down was a bad one too.

This seasons two defeats before Saturday have been pretty hard to take, but even after the semi defeat I was fairly philosophical. Just one of those games, huge injury list, new manager. I even thought it was part of getting older, that the pain wasn't as bad.

But Saturday's cut me to the quick to be honest. So much so that I booted fuck out of my seat, then went on some rant to the whole toilet block at the top of the entrance X spiral. Apologies to anyone who had to endure my anguish. Oh, and I threatened to smash some scrubber family's windows too.

I'm not proud of that behaviour but I do plead mitigating circumstances.

It hurt so much because we didnt deserve it. We really didn't reserve that. I don't really feel United created much all game. The first half I'd say was 50-50 but in the second half there was only one team looked likely to win it to me.

United were a spent force. And surely to God they had used up all their luck against us earlier in the season.

Wrong. The lucky, lucky bastards. Again. They did not deserve that.

That's why it stuck in the throat.

I didn't like our substitutions and I felt we missed some clear chances, but ultimately you have to say they are the luckiest team on God's green earth. How did they score out of the blue like that? I haven't watched it again, I don't really want to. I know our back four must have switched off.

It could be the inabilty to play our full strength back four, and United's luck, which costs us our place in the top four.

The scabby, graceless, arrogant pricks. That was hard to take.

i think i was sat just in front of you DD. was that you that was shouting abusing taggart and asking norwich to give us a song? If so i felt for you mate as the atmosphere up there is shite!! (i've only been up there twice the first was hamburg which was great, the second was saturday which was like a fucking library)

Tricky_Trev said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's my point exactly - you're making the same points as me! I'm pointing out what I believe he should have done - straight swap Johnson for SWP and that's it, barring injury.

I was saying to those around me "This could lose us the game Mancini" when he brought Vieira on too.
Oh, sorry Dave. I misunderstood and thought that was you stating what Mancini actually did. The subs were just baffling! Bet Evra couldn't believe his luck after the 1st change we made. He had a good 30-40 yards all to himself!

Glad you could see it Trev. Even our players didn't know what to do. First De Jong then Viera went right midfield and there was a lot of shouting and pointing.

SWP always troubles Evra.

I know that was the point when they were getting a grip on midfield but he should have dropped Tevez deeper, left Ade on and told SWP to tuck in a bit and try to do Evra on the break.

That's what I would have done.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 am --<br /><br />
alextrueblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've sat through more gut-wrenching derbies than I can remember. The ones whch stick out as the most painful are the 3-2 defeat when we were 2-0 up at half time, the 1-2 FA Cup defeat and the 0-5. Oh, and that 3-2 at home the season we went down was a bad one too.

This seasons two defeats before Saturday have been pretty hard to take, but even after the semi defeat I was fairly philosophical. Just one of those games, huge injury list, new manager. I even thought it was part of getting older, that the pain wasn't as bad.

But Saturday's cut me to the quick to be honest. So much so that I booted fuck out of my seat, then went on some rant to the whole toilet block at the top of the entrance X spiral. Apologies to anyone who had to endure my anguish. Oh, and I threatened to smash some scrubber family's windows too.

I'm not proud of that behaviour but I do plead mitigating circumstances.

It hurt so much because we didnt deserve it. We really didn't reserve that. I don't really feel United created much all game. The first half I'd say was 50-50 but in the second half there was only one team looked likely to win it to me.

United were a spent force. And surely to God they had used up all their luck against us earlier in the season.

Wrong. The lucky, lucky bastards. Again. They did not deserve that.

That's why it stuck in the throat.

I didn't like our substitutions and I felt we missed some clear chances, but ultimately you have to say they are the luckiest team on God's green earth. How did they score out of the blue like that? I haven't watched it again, I don't really want to. I know our back four must have switched off.

It could be the inabilty to play our full strength back four, and United's luck, which costs us our place in the top four.

The scabby, graceless, arrogant pricks. That was hard to take.

i think i was sat just in front of you DD. was that you that was shouting abusing taggart and asking norwich to give us a song? If so i felt for you mate as the atmosphere up there is shite!! (i've only been up there twice the first was hamburg which was great, the second was saturday which was like a fucking library)

I don't think that was me mate. I don't really buy the Norwich joke to be honest.

I was in block 330 for this one. Usually I'm in 327.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Oh, sorry Dave. I misunderstood and thought that was you stating what Mancini actually did. The subs were just baffling! Bet Evra couldn't believe his luck after the 1st change we made. He had a good 30-40 yards all to himself!

Glad you could see it Trev. Even our players didn't know what to do. First De Jong then Viera went right midfield and there was a lot of shouting and pointing.

SWP always troubles Evra.

I know that was the point when they were getting a grip on midfield but he should have dropped Tevez deeper, left Ade on and told SWP to tuck in a bit and try to do Evra on the break.

That's what I would have done.

Evra needed pushing back earlier it was obvious the main threat was coming from that flank. With Johnson cutting inside alot swp should of come on earlier and pushed him right back.
I still think city's midfield should have 5 in it. Only against good teams though.
We dont have the personnel to take utd on in a 442.
The game was lost in midfield.

Tricky_Trev said:
He took Johnson off for Vieira, not SWP, leaving us with absolutely no right side for a good 10 minutes until he then brought SWP on. The problem however, was that he brought him on for Adebayor, which was an idiotic decision. Then, with 1 sub left, you'd have thought he'd have noticed almost instantaneously that Tevez upfront on his own was not going to work against them, and that he'd have brought RSC on as a result. But no, he messed up again, by briging on Ireland. He got all 3 subs wrong in my opinion. And that's not me talking with the benefit of hindsight. It was pretty unanimous amongst the people i sit with that he'd fucked up, to the point that i saw a couple of people refusing to clap off the subs out of pure disbelief and disaproval of Mancini's decision making (completely counter-productive, but there you go).

That's exactly how I saw it too, spot on Trev.

The 3-2 where we were 2 up at half time - I was with my Dad for that and walking out of the ground got lamped by one of the dick 'eads - who then ran off! No wonder everyone hates them.

How many people thought "good, only 3 minutes of Fergie Time to hold on", not "fuck we've only got three minutes left to score a winner"? I bet to a man, it was everyone. Players included.

That's the difference.

Wheelsy said:
How many people thought "good, only 3 minutes of Fergie Time to hold on", not "fuck we've only got three minutes left to score a winner"? I bet to a man, it was everyone. Players included.

That's the difference.

Did you send your kangaroo over, Wheelsy? A lad was stood next to me with one. "Blue Roo"?

Didsbury Dave said:
Wheelsy said:

That's the difference.

Did you send your kangaroo over, Wheelsy? A lad was stood next to me with one. "Blue Roo"?
Yeah mate, Blue Roo was over there.

Did the lad have "Blue Roo 32" on his shirt, but upside down?

Can't say it hurt more than the two games at Old Trafford. They took weeks to get over....but i live in Sweden these days so as an armchair supporter you can switch off the tv as soon as the whistle goes. My old man, who sits about 20 seats above the dugout in the stand with the radio reporters, who is the mildest of men unlil it comes to united, said of seeing ferguson's victory dance carried out in front of him,

"If i had a knife i would have stabbed him."

I honestly thought that united had the better chances in a poor game and until the last ten-15 minutes, we never looked like scoring. The only one to blame for the goal was bellamy, what was he thinking.

Nils said:
I honestly thought that united had the better chances in a poor game and until the last ten-15 minutes, we never looked like scoring. The only one to blame for the goal was bellamy, what was he thinking.

Yes we did. First half, Bellamy did Neville and had Tevez unmarked near post. Barry one on one. Bellamy shot wide second half when he had Ade and Tevez unmarked if he squared.

Their best chance was Giggs, end of the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.