The Referee Decisions?

ForzaMancini said:
The handball you're referring to I presume was one Flamini did in which case it didn't go near his arm and straight of his stomach/chest, that would explain why you were the only one appealing for it. Also, Aguero still moved towards the ball before the Arsenal player touched it which makes him active. I think Arsenal were unlucky with the decisions today but that was it, none of them were clear-cut and even if the ref was in their favour the scoreline would have remained in our favour.

Thanks for your reply matey, I don't know who it was, only that he had his arm out and after it hit him the ref crossed his hands repeatedly to wave it away.
Aguero was not actively involved with play, you have to touch the ball to become active. He was correctly flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, which can be preventing him playing the ball, which he didn't do (he let him play it), or distracting him, which he most certainly did because as soon as he'd touched the ball Aguero tackled him. If he'd let him play the ball up the line past him and backed away he would probably have been okay, but even if the defender sliced it into the crowd it would have been offside as he would have been distracted.

The only decision Arsenal were unlucky with was the Giroud offside, he was onside. As the ref blew up 3 seconds before he shot we will never know if he would have got his shot off, because Zaba and Kompany stopped after the whistle had blown. They were lucky with Walcott's 2nd, he was marginally offside if we consider that the point of the shoulder is part of the torso and not part of the arm (this is the guideline for handball so it should be the same). I'm not blaming the lino for that though as it was marginal and I'd have been disappointed if it was ruled out for City.
Bentdner's header was offside and their 3rd goal was onside. As far as the penalty goes the keeper was a fool for diving in with his feet, Milner could have just got to the ball to stop it going out of play.

There were 3 apparently blatant arsenal offsides in the 1st half which the East stand lino, who was behind play didn't give. I'm on the half way line but this was confirmed by my mate who sits about 25 yards from the goal line in EL2. However, I think one of them was okay because the ball was lofted forwards and took a long time to come back down, it's just that my judgement maybe clouded by the wanker that sits behind me and calls the officials and our players from 1st minute to last. I've a good mind to tell him to fuck off home if he doesn't like what he's watching

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.