The rip off that is the City Store.

Michael Corleone

Swapping Kolo's samples with Wayne Bridges'
Was walking down Market Street yesterday and thought I would take a look around the city store to see if the had anything new worth buying in. Mistake

The place was an absolute rip off, I was downstairs by the homeware section and there was a supposed 'sale' on a lot of items. Here are some of the worst ones which caught my eye

£8 for a pint glass with a City crest on it
£20 for literally a picture book
£20 for a laptop skin
£8 for a champions league crest (like the thing the captains swap before games)
£60 for a nice picture and frame of the 6-1 victory, frame probably cost £10 and the picture £3.

Not to mention they were selling city branded trowels for your garden, why not have something people will actually buy!

And it wasn't just in this section, £65 for the new kit with a name on it. Oh but don't worry it has gold badges!!

There was another family from Manchester in it when I was there and they were just as shocked as me. The woman kept saying to her husband that this was the price of success but it is really?

Surely it would be better to charge £3/4 for a pint glass and sell loads rather than charge £8 and sell about 15 etc etc

Don't want to sound like a moaning bastard but seriously the club needs to sort this out, absolute joke.

Michael Corleone said:
Was walking down Market Street yesterday and thought I would take a look around the city store to see if the had anything new worth buying in. Mistake

The place was an absolute rip off, I was downstairs by the homeware section and there was a supposed 'sale' on a lot of items. Here are some of the worst ones which caught my eye

£8 for a pint glass with a City crest on it
£20 for literally a picture book
£20 for a laptop skin
£8 for a champions league crest (like the thing the captains swap before games)
£60 for a nice picture and frame of the 6-1 victory, frame probably cost £10 and the picture £3.

Not to mention they were selling city branded trowels for your garden, why not have something people will actually buy!

And it wasn't just in this section, £65 for the new kit with a name on it. Oh but don't worry it has gold badges!!

There was another family from Manchester in it when I was there and they were just as shocked as me. The woman kept saying to her husband that this was the price of success but it is really?

Surely it would be better to charge £3/4 for a pint glass and sell loads rather than charge £8 and sell about 15 etc etc

Don't want to sound like a moaning bastard but seriously the club needs to sort this out, absolute joke.

well you do.

Bring back Gerry Creaney.

The City Centre store is for the tourists, and they'll gladly pay the money. I was in Stuttgart in February and I paid top dollar for their kits for my lads, tough titties isn't it?

Seriously though mate, have you bugger all else to worry about? You don't HAVE to buy anything. Just don't bother and even more importantly don't come on here slagging off our club simply because you think it's a rip-off.

<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=114487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... pid=114487</a>

Is this the first time you have been in the City Store?

Have you been in any souvenir shop - ones on the way out at Chester Zoo, Alton Towers, Disneyland?

They're all full of expensive over priced tat.

If it didn't sell they wouldn't make it. Best thing about it is that you don't have to buy it. I've only ever bought anything when it's been reduced as I agree that it is too expensive for what it is.

Saying that, this is great - £2 a badge after discount.

mcfc-104174.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=104174" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... pid=104174</a>

i get my stuff from sports direct shirts are cheaper and things like scarves,towels, slippers, cups and pint glasses are normally half price only problem they sometimes sellout of some stock.

never bought anything from the shop always gets kits and city things from other sports shops wheres its cheaper

I do think City overprice things in the City store when it comes to buying dvds i go else where.

What a moan that was!

Hey how can you say your being ripped off being a City fan ?? Go and look what other club's charge for season ticket's etc then say it's a rip off.
Blimey Charlie what do you want a free ride all the way including buying gift's etc.
Go and have a walk around the Trafford Centre, everything is daft money fella....... previous Labour Goverment, and the Bank's have a lot to answer for, but never will do............

That's my moan of the day over with..lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.