The silence is deafening.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that all this negative press suddenly appears during the build-up to a Derby where we are/were clear favorites for the first 'realistic' time in years! The club are probably doing the best thing by not responding, they surely don't want to show that it's getting to them, sort of like saying 'Fuck you all' without actually saying anything.

When all this blows over, which it will, and we start becoming the only viable challengers to Chelsea again, which we will, we'll forget about this. Until two to three weeks before the Derby at the swamp when all the negative shit doubles once more. We're the target for abuse from every corner anyway & just when we think we're ok we pop our heads over the parapet & some fucker, usually a useless Sun journo, pops one right between our eyes. But we are City, from Maine Road, we're bigger than these tossers & we'll prove it by ramming all there bile back down their collective throats in the coming years!

No need to come out and say anything, as it stands we've had one paper report that he's going to be sacked and another one say if we don't pick up results in the near future then he may be in trouble

The best thing is for the team to come out fighting and do the talking on the pitch. Thats the key to all this, we've lost two games on the bounce after winning 4 successive leauge games, we're currently 4th in the leauge only 3 points behind United and Arsenal. Theres no reason why he'd be under any sort of pressure in terms of him possibly being sacked so theres no reason to come out and say anything at present

There is a huge difference between a club struggling at the bottom of the table and a board publicly backing there manager as it can be seen as the dreaded vote of confidence. Our situation is very different we are top4 yet still we are supposed to be on the verge of sacking him.

I can see the difference, why can't Cook and Co we lose points because Mancini is under enormous pressure and it becomes a self full filling prophecy. It's not just newspapers its spoken verbally on Radio shows and the silence from our board is deafening. The OP has started loads of positive topics on how bright the future is for City at this time we have a long term plan and Mancini is part of that plan, So why can't Cook and Marwood take every opportunity to support f/bloke in his one man attempt to be positive and keep us on course.

They only have to issue a statement along the lines of our project and how everyone at the club is working together to achieve our long term aims

fbloke said:
I have spent days reading the mood swings of Bluemooners concerned about the current situation at City.

In truth I now share some of the concerns that have been expressed and its not because of the press, or the fans, or the manager, or even the players.

I am concerned because of the board at City.

The board seemed to me to be almost untouchable in terms od vision and drive and I have been held up as something of a happy clapper for them.

There was one thing I couldn't back them on, and that was the silence at the time of Hughes' sacking.

Garry Cook, who I like and Khaldoon, who is next to perfect in almost everything he has said and done at City really dropped the ball when they sacked Hughes.

They knew the world and his wife knew Hughes was going, and yet there were hours and hours of silence.

It turned into a PR disaster that the club still hasn't worked through.

'The project' was tarnished somewhat at that point and no matter how polished the decisions and performances have been since then that tarnish remains.

And now I am concerned by the silence from the board at a time that they need to deploy all of their assets and skills to put to bed the rumours of discontent and of Mancini's future.

You see we have heard from Mancini, and a little but at least we have heard something.

The players have come out and apologised and backed the manager.

But the board have been silent.

Vicky Kloss has been nowhere as far as I can tell.

Brian Marwood, who only recently was in the press defending the clubs policies on player recruitment and the academy etc has gone AWOL.

Garry Cook has similarly been absent from TV and print since the financial results were published.

And we have heard nothing from Khaldoon (not that surprising as he is less public than the others).

So the question is why?

And the fact that I have to ask that question worries me, it worries me deeply.

On the morning of the Hughes sacking Tolmies told us it was to happen, and I spent that morning shouting about how unprofessional the club were being and ow it seemed that Tolmies must be right as otherwise the club would have denied it.

I also thought they had learned from that awful experience.

Its time for them to prove they have and back Mancini fully and publicly NOW.

If they don't then the disenfranchised players will be emboldened and the rifts in the squad will deepen. The club is at yet another tipping point and I don't like it.

Fbloke I totally disagree, for the board to come out and say anything is giving the reports some credence.

The press would just jump on the 'dreaded vote of confidence'

Its pointless Mancini's job is not at risk and we all know it, lets move on. We are simply providing succur to the press reports by making any comment.

Clearly most of it is press generated nonsense and it doesn't deserve a response.

fbloke said:
And it continues today with the press emboldened -

At the start of the season, a Manchester City player told me Roberto Mancini would be sacked by the end of October.

He was wrong but if City don’t get a result at West Brom on Sunday and lose to Manchester United next week then maybe he won’t have been wrong by much.

From todays MIrror.

Craig Bellamy?

And a pertinent point has to be asked, if they were so definite with regards the month of October, surely that would suggest the club had an agreement with someone else.

The flip side being, Bellamy did a big interview with Holt in the summer, if he knew Mancini was a goner, he would have sat and waited it out.

This really is a disgraceful witch hunt and unfortunately, the divided opinions City fans have had with Mancini, is being used a fuel for the fire.

I agree to an extent with Fbloke in terms of the silence.

There was silence with regards Toxin and Sven.

There was 'silence' certainly in public domain, with regards Hughes.

But the same arguments about putting to bed were used when discussing Mancini's tenure last season.

Different camps were leaking info/ Mourinho, Mancini six month deal.

The only time City and Khaldoon decided to put it to bed was at the end, when our season had been determined.

I'm sure Mancini will be placed on even thinner thin ice by those who favour it, following possible bad defeats to West Brom and United.

I am not 100 per cent convinced by Mancini, but he has not had the opportunity to convince me either way.

Surely that should be for everybody in terms of the argument?

WNRH said:
What a ridiculous thread. So the club now have to come out and release statements whenever a story is written about us?

The board are silent because they are letting Mancini get on with the job. Something we all should be doing.
No.

They should do it every time there is a "Mancini out" (or similar) headline in every paper every day of the week.

Which is how this week has panned out so far.

Andouble said:
A new sentence doesn't necessarily have to mean a new paragraph.
I find it easier to read like this and anyway its a feckin forum post not a text book. Anyway, I believe that the press have created a " damned if you do , damned if you don't" situation for the board and the board have taken the option of being less damned by their silence.

Bluemoon115 said:
WNRH said:
What a ridiculous thread. So the club now have to come out and release statements whenever a story is written about us?

The board are silent because they are letting Mancini get on with the job. Something we all should be doing.
No.

They should do it every time there is a "Mancini out" (or similar) headline in every paper every day of the week.

Which is how this week has panned out so far.

I thought it was only the Independent? Must have missed the others

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.