The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Set list from tonight.
I can see this backdrop picture going down well at The Apollo!
Still, at least Keegan gets in there.....
View attachment 56562

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English i
Frankly Mr Shankly is maybe the worst original Smiths song. Just saying.

I absolutely love it! I think the instrumental middle-8 is one of Johnny Marr's best moments (it's even better for the fact that it only occurs once in the song - a very mature and restrained approach to songwriting) and the lyrics are excellent, making light of the serious subject of personal ambition in the face of life's lack of fulfilment. Musically, I think it's meant to be taking the mickey out of The Kinks a little bit. Also, listen closely to Andy Rourke's bass as it is very clever.

But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled
Making Christmas cards with the mentally ill.
I want to live and I want to love;
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.

Last edited:
8024327_450_450_676_0_fit_0_a83bcc2d18a282f45e8301f12919412a.jpg

Cannot think anyone is daft enough to spunk out €250 on an LP that will more likely be left in a taxi ;-)

Cannot think anyone is daft enough to spunk out €250 on an LP that will more likely be left in a taxi ;-)

They sell like mad (and probably put on ebay) and at least he's selling his own albums this time. A few years ago he was signing Bowie and New York Dolls albums and flogging them for similar prices.
I personally wouldn't buy one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.