The Smiths & Morrissey thread

I'm not a fan all but interestingly my youngest daughter (17) was telling me that The Smiths have now become very popular with her age group. I was surprised that she had even heard of them, never mind liking them, to be honest. From K-pop to The Smiths in one huge leap. All I can say is that she hasn't got her taste in music from me.

I'm not a fan all but interestingly my youngest daughter (17) was telling me that The Smiths have now become very popular with her age group. I was surprised that she had even heard of them, never mind liking them, to be honest. From K-pop to The Smiths in one huge leap. All I can say is that she hasn't got her taste in music from me.
My 14 year old grand daughter is a bit of an emo and pleased me greatly when I asked her what bands she was into and she reeled a few off including The Smiths......
I resisted the temptation to overwhelm her with all kinds of Smiths information and instead suggested listening to a Hatful of Hollow and going from there and let her explore the band in her own way and her own time

Annoyingly I have photographed a snippet from Bob Mortimer's book which details a semi-uneventful meeting with the former Smiths frontman. However, due to the size of the snap it won't allow me to attach it @Mad Eyed Screamer ...........
Screenshot the picture and then you should be able to post it

I sometimes go to watch the tribute band The Smyths. They do a gig at the Ritz every year (Dec I think this year) and it is always very well attended. Loads of students go to that.

I sometimes go to watch the tribute band The Smyths. They do a gig at the Ritz every year (Dec I think this year) and it is always very well attended. Loads of students go to that.
I saw them when they first started out inuding a gig in an old warehouse in Bolton with Re-Order as support.
There was a healthyish crowd their for a midweek gig but once the New Order crowd left, there were around 20 of us remaining. But the band put in a great performance regardless.
Someone else from BlueMoon was there can't recall who.
2 years later and they had booked the Ritz and I'm thinking "you are kidding me" and it became a sold out gig!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.