The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Marr’s a great guitarist, a supremely gifted songwriter, but there’s only one person, and one person alone who should be singing “How Soon is Now?”.
And to think, it was originally a B-Side - they were THAT good.

I think Johnny's singing has developed well and sounded great last night. Makes me wonder why he employed Bernard in Electronic as he is a superior singer.
Was too young to see The Smiths live but haven't had a good experience of seeing Morrissey solo. The first time, he did a very short set in Bradford around the time of release of the "World of Morrissey" compilation, and the 2nd he lasted two songs at Camden Roundhouse before his voice packed up.
He sounded great and his band were solid, but because of the reliability issues, I personally prefer the Marr live experience.

Just back from the Johnny Marr Orchestra gig at Factory International. Great performance, great sound and fantastic venue.
"How Soon Is Now" with an orchestra sounded epic!

SPOILER ALERT for anyone attending tomorrow...

I bet that was mint. First I've heard of the gig!

Superb gig, obviously well versed in all things Smiths and not overly familiar with solo stuff, electronic etc(which i'll have to investigate now) but i had a great time, the only black mark is the usual gig annoyances i.e people chatting constantly during sons and the never ending crusade to the bar for fizzy overpriced lager.

Superb gig, obviously well versed in all things Smiths and not overly familiar with solo stuff, electronic etc(which i'll have to investigate now) but i had a great time, the only black mark is the usual gig annoyances i.e people chatting constantly during sons and the never ending crusade to the bar for fizzy overpriced lager.

Managed to avoid the worst of the chat & booze offenders last night by leaning on the barrier by the mixing desk, but did hear some annoying twats talking over "Please Let Me Get What I Want".
The solo stuff is top notch (well worth checking out his recent "best of" as an inroad), and that was the first time I've heard him do Electronic's "Get the Message" since an Electronic gig at Wembley Conference Centre in 1992!

It's the new arts centre literally built on top of Water Street in Castlefield, and new permanent home of the Manchester International Festival.
It consists of a warehouse (where last night's gig took place) and a seated theatre.
It was announced earlier this week that English National Opera would be moving out of London at the end of the decade and performing here and at the Lowry in Salford.
Last night was the first rock gig at the venue, although there have been art installations and a musical staged here in recent months.
Were you tempted to swim there ;-)

It's the new arts centre literally built on top of Water Street in Castlefield, and new permanent home of the Manchester International Festival.
It consists of a warehouse (where last night's gig took place) and a seated theatre.
It was announced earlier this week that English National Opera would be moving out of London at the end of the decade and performing here and at the Lowry in Salford.
Last night was the first rock gig at the venue, although there have been art installations and a musical staged here in recent months.
Great gig and impressive venue. I didn't realise it was the first rock gig to be played there until Johnny said so near the start. Anybody going tonight should have a great time. Only let down for me was the self service pale ale machines, one not working and then the other served up just a half after I'd paid for a pint :))

Great gig and impressive venue. I didn't realise it was the first rock gig to be played there until Johnny said so near the start. Anybody going tonight should have a great time. Only let down for me was the self service pale ale machines, one not working and then the other served up just a half after I'd paid for a pint :))

I see Underworld are playing two nights there next year so may be tempted to return.
If there's still issues with the beer machines I guess noone will be shouting "Lager, Lager, Lager!".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.