The Smiths & Morrissey thread

I think Johnny's singing has developed well and sounded great last night. Makes me wonder why he employed Bernard in Electronic as he is a superior singer.
Was too young to see The Smiths live but haven't had a good experience of seeing Morrissey solo. The first time, he did a very short set in Bradford around the time of release of the "World of Morrissey" compilation, and the 2nd he lasted two songs at Camden Roundhouse before his voice packed up.
He sounded great and his band were solid, but because of the reliability issues, I personally prefer the Marr live experience.
I'm not sure he employed Bernard.

The most ridiculous shite I've ever had the misfortune to waste my time on
The truth was a bit simple, Chernobyl had just happened and after a long talk about the misery and contamination in the whole surrounding area the dj went and played a disco track or happy xmas song..... The band were outraged with this and penned the song panic.

The truth was a bit simple, Chernobyl had just happened and after a long talk about the misery and contamination in the whole surrounding area the dj went and played a disco track or happy xmas song..... The band were outraged with this and penned the song panic.
Yes that sounds about right, I knew it was something crass he did.

Yes that sounds about right, I knew it was something crass he did.
I seen the interview on the back of the jimmy savile video.

The band were hearing the depressing news and the dj just went and heartlessly played a happy music track straight after.... The smiths lost their shit.... In anger penned the track.

Last edited:
They'd been listening to Newsbeat on Radio 1 and the DJ (Gary Davies I think) went straight into Wham's "Baby I'm your man".

35 years to the day of Morrissey’s first solo gig at Wolverhampton. Didn’t go myself but a mate did and said it was absolutely chaotic as loads were locked out. Rourke, Joyce and Gannon played with him. It was a free gig with a very short and very interrupted set.

Stop Me if you think that you’ve heard this one before
Disappointed
interesting Drug
Suedehead
Last of the Famous International Playboys
Sister I’m a Poet
Death at One’s Elbow
Sweet and Tender Hooligan.

35 years to the day of Morrissey’s first solo gig at Wolverhampton. Didn’t go myself but a mate did and said it was absolutely chaotic as loads were locked out. Rourke, Joyce and Gannon played with him. It was a free gig with a very short and very interrupted set.

Stop Me if you think that you’ve heard this one before
Disappointed
interesting Drug
Suedehead
Last of the Famous International Playboys
Sister I’m a Poet
Death at One’s Elbow
Sweet and Tender Hooligan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.