The Smiths & Morrissey thread

"I am well aware of The Smiths rise in recents years, and their affirmed position in our cultural heritage. It proves how taking risks can work beautifully … and if you don't take risks when you make music then what the hell are you doing making music? I am incredibly grateful to anyone who walked out to buy, or who stayed in to download, Smiths' music. The musicians are considered to be those who make the change, but the consumer plays an equal part by having faith. We're all in this together. It was always about a refusal to surrender to enemy propaganda - something I still face today just as much as I faced it in 1983, 84, 85, 86 and 87. The Smiths do not end."

MORRISSEY. August 2024

"I am well aware of The Smiths rise in recents years, and their affirmed position in our cultural heritage. It proves how taking risks can work beautifully … and if you don't take risks when you make music then what the hell are you doing making music? I am incredibly grateful to anyone who walked out to buy, or who stayed in to download, Smiths' music. The musicians are considered to be those who make the change, but the consumer plays an equal part by having faith. We're all in this together. It was always about a refusal to surrender to enemy propaganda - something I still face today just as much as I faced it in 1983, 84, 85, 86 and 87. The Smiths do not end."

MORRISSEY. August 2024
Rise in recent years? They've always been on the rise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.