The Stand without a name...

Llewellyn Dowd said:
failsworthblueboy said:
Really liked it mate ! Would have prefered no reference to United at all still decent though.
I thought long and hard about the line to which you refer, but as this is a poem about lost loved ones, I figure we're all on the same side on that subject and I didn't want to claim that only the Etihad has the extra tier. It was a light hearted dig at them 'they probably have two!' Plus, it's not easy to make lines fit, I'll take any help I can get!! ;o)

fair enough mate, sorry if you took offence non was meant.

failsworthblueboy said:
Llewellyn Dowd said:
failsworthblueboy said:
Really liked it mate ! Would have prefered no reference to United at all still decent though.
I thought long and hard about the line to which you refer, but as this is a poem about lost loved ones, I figure we're all on the same side on that subject and I didn't want to claim that only the Etihad has the extra tier. It was a light hearted dig at them 'they probably have two!' Plus, it's not easy to make lines fit, I'll take any help I can get!! ;o)

fair enough mate, sorry if you took offence non was meant.

Would have preferred it without the rag line but it's there now and it'd be wrong to change it.

this poem was written by my good friend Pete whos username on here is Llewellyn Dowd as a tribute the the fathers that made us blue but sadly are now lost to us...

The stand without a name..

There’s an extra tier at the Etihad, we mortals cannot see.
It seats all our lost loved ones, who get to watch for free.
Though God will never influence, the outcome of a game,
He builds the extra seating, in the stand without a name.

When City ran out on the pitch, the final match to play,
My mate said how he wished his Dad, “was here to see today”
I told him not to worry, as his Dad was seated here,
And though we couldn’t see him, “he’s in the extra tier.”

“He’s sat up there with my Dad, they’ve got a brilliant view,
And every game that City plays, they’re here to watch them too!”
When Sergio Aguero smashed the winner in the net,
Their cheers were just as loud and proud as ours were I would bet!

It’s not just us who have this stand, I know the others do,
Though knowing those in Trafford, they probably have two!
Long lost players, managers, groundsmen, saints and sinners
They roared the Blues on to the end, the Premiership winners!

@droylsdenblue I have just been to a funeral in Blackley and this was read out. Very emotional and moving.

Great poem

I was lucky my dad was here to see Aguerooooooooo. Sadly he passed away at the start of the 17/18.
He didnt attended the Etihad much he didnt enjoy the drive and the time it takes.

Thanks to a very small inheritance from dad my lad and me are able to attend about 10 or 15 matches and a few away matches that are near to us.

Part of my dad is also with me 24/7 because when I got married in 2019 my missus said I could wear my dads wedding ring ( he wore it for 50 years of marriage and the 7 after mum passed ) as mine. It always gets a little kiss when at matches.

Alot of us have our parents to thank for us being blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.