"The Strange Case of Dzeko and Hyde" - new blog article

I found nis body language intresting when he scored on Tues He didnt seem as excited as he normally is

I hope i am reading too much into it as i rate him although agree with the article that he blows hot and cold.

I really enjoyed that article David.

For my ha'penneth, i think there are 2 players -
1, a clinical finisher who operates at his optimum in the penalty box. Great positional sense, suprisingly agile and balanced and confident in his own ability.
2, a self concious, technically lacking link man, who is ill at ease receiving the ball, back to goal, 40 yards from the goal line.

he really comes alive in the box, and offer him a chance and 7/10 it will find the net. In build up though his less than fantastic pace & touch seems amplified.

I love Edin, always have - but boy is he frustrating. Clearly he thrives on playing week in week out though, which when you have players of superior technique like Balo and Aguero is never going to happen.

I have just come to terms with the fact that i take the rough with the smooth, and the good far outweighs the bad.

@mikenumber5

As far as I'm concerned he's a great player and we shouldnt forget where we have come from and where with Edins goals we are going..

I was one of his harsher critics last season. This season, I rate him. Glad though, that someone has the eloquence and knowledge to mount such a great defense of him. S'been a struggle for me when trying to explain how good he is to other City fans I know

Great blog, thanks for the read

samharris said:
As far as I'm concerned he's a great player and we shouldnt forget where we have come from and where with Edins goals we are going..

My sentiments exactly and the article is spot on. Come on Edin !!

The thing is early season his skill and link up play,leading the line were first class.I was open mouthed,it was like we had signed a new player.He was also banging in the goals.He still gets his share of goals but the other bits seem to have dried up a lot.

He should be option B when we can't play our way through teams.Get someone to get to the byline and get high and low crosses into the box and he will thrive.This is where Johnson falls down a lot.He cuts inside too much and passes back,or shoots,as oppose to getting to the line and crossing.This may be on Mancini's instructions but it is limiting Dzeko's effectiveness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.