THE SUN

mcfc99

The Sun are reporting this load of shyte.

Quote:
MANCHESTER CITY amazingly handed Hamburg £19million for Nigel de Jong despite knowing he would cost just £2.3m at the end of the season.
The Dutch midfield enforcer, dubbed the vacuum cleaner because he Hoovers up in front of the back four, has signed a four-year deal.

But City’s pursuit of the 24-year-old has made them a laughing stock as De Jong had a clause in his Hamburg contract stating he would be available for just £2.3m this summer.

So if the Eastlands mob had waited four months they could have bagged him for a staggering £16.7m less!

De Jong, who cost just £1m from Ajax in 2005, is the most expensive player to leave a Bundesliga club.

A Dutch source told SunSport: “Hamburg are laughing all the way to the bank.

“No one can believe that a club would act like this in the current economic climate.

“People in Holland are still shaking their heads. Nigel is a decent player but is he worth £16.7million for just four months? No way.

“City are just showing how little regard they have for money — and sense. It is ridiculous.”

Hamburg boss Martin Jol said: “The club just couldn’t refuse the offer.”

De Jong, who is in line to make his debut against Newcastle next Wednesday, said: “I feel very good.

“The ideas and the planning behind this club are very hopeful.”

After this shit that's in today's sun i think every city fan should never by this newspaper again. It's certainly the final straw for me will never ever buy again

agreed???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.