The support this season!

If you have been to goodison, and you obviously have, then you should realised it is an antiquated dump. That Everton are desperate to leave.

My statement applies, I have been in every part of goodison from the 70s onwards. The sight lines are crap. To me the most important thing is having a good view. I get this from every seat I have used at the Etihad. I have had cards in East Levels 12 and 3, and the South Stand..If you would rather have a view like I have had the last 2 seasons at Everton than good luck to you.

I think sending a reply with such a level of profanity to a post which was not offensive and was factual is rather sad.
I did not say you hadn't been and you actually pointed out yourself that the view was not the best.
Each week stands are half empty at goodison because of the pillars which are built in the stands, they sell tickets with restricted views, RESTRICTED VIEWS in 2017.
If you think goodison is a good ground fair enough we all have our own tastes.

1968, first time I went,
jeeez I was born then!

I been to everton though, I liked it, very like Maine Road. I got a bit nostalgic but tbh I dont fall for that "Things were better in the olden days bs",

Genuinely excited for us this season. We have made some great signings, offloaded a few dead weights.
Definitely Bluemoon rising again!!!!

Wow. So you think we should all sit in silence and only react when we score?

The players need supporting throughout and it's not about a sing-a-long, it's about being the 12th man and pushing them over the line when needed. They're footballers, not superheroes. Sometimes they're not able to perform at 100% and we should help as much as we can.

Your post about reacting to Jesus' winner vs Swansea is bollocks. The best reactions came in the Monaco game in the CL, when the atmosphere was brilliant for the majority of the match.

your first line I didn't say and is wilful misrepresentation. I clearly spoke about the tension and how people are watching and absorbed in the game, hence their dramatic over-reactions to anything bad that happens.

You've also decided to completely miss my point and started to equate Swansea to Monaco. Monaco was a huge game which the fans are always more up for, and was a dramatic, end to end spectacular game. The fans were entertained. Swansea at home where the result would take us no closer to the title, wasn't a great game but the fans were absorbed, tense and nervous about the result, and were jubilant at the end. So it exactly proves my point. Big games where the players are up for it, perform and entertain and the crowd responds. Games where we under perform and look to be getting sucker punched by lesser opposition the crowd is tense and anxious and when we score the winner we are equally as jubilant. Our reactions are defined by the way the team plays and it's always been the same, just when we were rubbish and were completely uninspiring and the results throughout the season weren't equating to much, we entertained ourselves to create an atmosphere.

You haven't had a point and have resorted to misconstruing me deliberately to prove a fictional one. If you want to slag off fans for being absorbed in the game and reacting naturally to what happens on the pitch, especially in close and tense situations, then it will reflect poorly on you. At every club the vast majority of fans take their vibe from what's happening on the pitch, only a small handful at any club decide that doesn't matter and will sing along regardless. Doesn't matter whether it's Anfield, Dortmund, Nou Camp or Allianz, they have all had very quiet, not full games and be deathly silent when the team has under performed. We are no different and any notion on the contrary is largely built on a fictional view of the past and football support in general.

your first line I didn't say and is wilful misrepresentation. I clearly spoke about the tension and how people are watching and absorbed in the game, hence their dramatic over-reactions to anything bad that happens.

You've also decided to completely miss my point and started to equate Swansea to Monaco. Monaco was a huge game which the fans are always more up for, and was a dramatic, end to end spectacular game. The fans were entertained. Swansea at home where the result would take us no closer to the title, wasn't a great game but the fans were absorbed, tense and nervous about the result, and were jubilant at the end. So it exactly proves my point. Big games where the players are up for it, perform and entertain and the crowd responds. Games where we under perform and look to be getting sucker punched by lesser opposition the crowd is tense and anxious and when we score the winner we are equally as jubilant. Our reactions are defined by the way the team plays and it's always been the same, just when we were rubbish and were completely uninspiring and the results throughout the season weren't equating to much, we entertained ourselves to create an atmosphere.

You haven't had a point and have resorted to misconstruing me deliberately to prove a fictional one. If you want to slag off fans for being absorbed in the game and reacting naturally to what happens on the pitch, especially in close and tense situations, then it will reflect poorly on you. At every club the vast majority of fans take their vibe from what's happening on the pitch, only a small handful at any club decide that doesn't matter and will sing along regardless. Doesn't matter whether it's Anfield, Dortmund, Nou Camp or Allianz, they have all had very quiet, not full games and be deathly silent when the team has under performed. We are no different and any notion on the contrary is largely built on a fictional view of the past and football support in general.

A long-winded response in order to distract away from the point of the thread. To improve as fans...

You're clearly set in your ways and have no desire to improve the atmosphere or get behind the team unless they're winning. So let's end our discussion there.

jeeez I was born then!

I been to everton though, I liked it, very like Maine Road. I got a bit nostalgic but tbh I dont fall for that "Things were better in the olden days bs",

Exactly. I cherish memories of standing in the kippax, and all that went with it.

Goodison however , is from another age.

In the 80s I went when City were away sometimes, as we went out afterwards and stayed over in some 15 quid hotel.
Great days and I probably wasn't fussed about the view in those days.

A long-winded response in order to distract away from the point of the thread. To improve as fans...

You're clearly set in your ways and have no desire to improve the atmosphere or get behind the team unless they're winning. So let's end our discussion there.

no, it was detailed and correct response to your deliberate misrepresentation.

We don't need you to be anymore wrong on this thread so we shall leave it there.

I absolutely hate seeing the floods of people leaving the ground at 85th min or even the 40th min to have a piss. How empty the ground was when pellegrini did his farewell speech was embarrassing as well. Really need to be more thankful for what we've got

no, it was detailed and correct response to your deliberate misrepresentation.

We don't need you to be anymore wrong on this thread so we shall leave it there.

Just look at your original post. You basically say we need to sweep all before us to have a good atmosphere.

Such a load of shit. I am not wrong in saying that fans like you are the reason it's quiet and always will be.

A lot of truth in that, we need to prioritise what we go to watch a game for.

You hear every excuse under the sun for the reasons we have a subdued atmosphere at some home games. But its all down to each individual. Believe me it pisses me off to with all the corporate boxes, cant hang banners, seating not standing, queuing for food, expensive drinks, I could go on. But I still sing throughout the game every match day.

It annoys me when I hear that the atmosphere has gone worse, it has actually picked up over the last three seasons and if fans wanting to sing moved in to blocks 114 / 115 / 116 / 117 it would get better. I have been in 115 for 3 years, most games the atmosphere is great, it is now actually better than away games. Problem is not enough of us sing and we don't know how to sing songs that travel and last. So at the other end of the ground it falls flat.

The last game of season and zabba's final game 70% of fans in 114 / 115 / 116 sang and it was probably the best noise all year. It was the same fans in there paying the same prices, travelling the same distance, so why cant they sing all season ?

Cup games and CL games this coming season we are going to get group tickets again for singers, we need to buy in to this not stay put then say atmosphere is crap. CL is always very interesting to see how 500 away fans can out sing a whole 50,000 home fans. They all sing together and make effort.

We actually now have quite a lot of fans trying their best to sing and create an atmosphere, but we need more to join in and buy in to it.

This coming season we are going to see the best football for many years, we have the biggest and best squad of players I have ever seen in my 50 years following city. Lets get the place rocking.
The atmosphere hasn't picked up, it's just that where the noise came from has moved but to a place trapped where it can't spread so around the rest of the ground it has gone worse

I absolutely hate seeing the floods of people leaving the ground at 85th min or even the 40th min to have a piss. How empty the ground was when pellegrini did his farewell speech was embarrassing as well. Really need to be more thankful for what we've got

To be fair though there were mitigating circumstances. It was very hot that day? And I was desperate for a pint..It seemed like ages I waited, then wilted and went to the pub. Should have been immediate on the final whistle. Was a bit guilty though. Well done for staying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.