The Sven Year - Official Club Mini-Documentary

I will just start by saying Sven’s praise of Michael Johnson, and the section that focuses on him, genuinely brought a few tears to my eyes. I remember my mates and I being the most excited for him of any of the players that season (and we had quite a few new ones). And, although I understand he is doing well now, his horrible luck later, and how that affected him, still makes me sad to this day.

I will just start by saying Sven’s praise of Michael Johnson, and the section that focuses on him, genuinely brought a few tears to my eyes. I remember my mates and I being the most excited for him of any of the players that season (and we had quite a few new ones). And, although I understand he is doing well now, his horrible luck later, and how that affected him, still makes me sad to this day.
Johnson could and should have become a super star, he was a brilliant player.

Johnson could and should have become a super star, he was a brilliant player.
He absolutely was. And, from what I have heard, Sven did try his best to support him.

But as someone that has dealt with mental illness for most of my life, I can say that sometimes you can just be unreachable.

I really don't wish to disrespect Sven's memory by derailing this thread Seb but, suffice it to say, my understanding is that Michael Johnson is in a much happier place having decided to break from football completely and open an estate agents in Urmston of all things. But, yes, probably the greatest natural talent I've ever witnessed in a young player.

I really don't wish to disrespect Sven's memory by derailing this thread Seb but, suffice it to say, my understanding is that Michael Johnson is in a much happier place having decided to break from football completely and open an estate agents in Urmston of all things. But, yes, probably the greatest natural talent I've ever witnessed in a young player.
Yes, that is what I was alluding to when I said that it is my understanding he is doing well now.

But just knowing that Johnson suffered as he did (and having shared similar suffering via mental illness and the loss of being able to play football at anywhere near the standard I had previously due to repeated injury, which ended any hope I had at an actual career, even if it would have been at a lower level) still makes me sad, even if he has thankfully been able to move on.

Again, credit to Sven, as my understanding is he tried to support Johnson as best he could at a time when that wasn’t really a focus in football (and, in some quarters, was seen as “coddling”, I can say from experience).

Probably too soon to say that, but he was a very good prospect.

I often wonder how he,Paul Lake,Glyn Pardoe & Colin Bell would've progressed but for their devastating injuries.

All were outstanding players .

Just watched a thing on Sky and they didn't mention his time a City
Just like the bbc article a few days ago. All I could see was Rags Beckham Rughead Rags Rags Rags Rughead Beckham Rags Rags.. not one mention of the real Mcr club which he actually managed. This City washing from history is getting fucking ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.