The Sven Year - Official Club Mini-Documentary

That was a great watch, thanks for posting. Lucky the goal got in the way of Elano’s free kick against Newcastle otherwise it was heading straight for me and my lad
I was on the other end and had started celebrating well before everyone else around me had realised it had gone in!

What a superb documentary! Those early Sven months were fabulous and on reflection, the precursor the much that has followed since. I often wonder how things might have been has Sven not been sacked when the take-over occurred? But I most remember that first 2-0 win at West Ham, the manner of which I think gave many of us a real sense of hope. I also remember with sadness the all-too-brief rise of Micheal Johnson, yet another City midfielder of great promise cut down too early with injuries. Great memories. RIP Sven.

What a superb documentary! Those early Sven months were fabulous and on reflection, the precursor the much that has followed since. I often wonder how things might have been has Sven not been sacked when the take-over occurred? But I most remember that first 2-0 win at West Ham, the manner of which I think gave many of us a real sense of hope. I also remember with sadness the all-too-brief rise of Micheal Johnson, yet another City midfielder of great promise cut down too early with injuries. Great memories. RIP Sven.

I think, despite the turbulent times of the late 90s and early 00s we had something at stake - promotion/survival. Pearce from NY day to the end of the season completely sucked the life out of things. We weren't going down but we also weren't challenging for anything. The home results, and lack of goals in the 2nd half of the season made it horrific. Then all of a sudden there's this huge buzz around the place with this Thai fella throwing cash at us, signing loads of players that, even though we hadn't heard of most of them, made it exciting. Sven felt like a big scalp as a manager as well and that win at West Ham made it feel like we were on the up. We had some excellent results, and typically some big losses and bizarre moments - the FA Cup loss at Sheffield United with the bloody balloon being one of them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.