The Swales Out Protests - 4 Part Series

jrb

1620039404336.jpeg

CITY! INSIDE THE CAMPAIGNS: SWALES OUT! – PART ONE​

In the first of a four-part series we take an inside look at the campaign to remove chairman, Peter Swales from Manchester City Football Club, by speaking to the man at the heart of the campaign…

1620039457415.jpeg

The scene outside Maine Road during one of the Swales Out demonstrations.

View attachment 15718

CITY! INSIDE THE CAMPAIGNS: SWALES OUT! – PART ONE​

In the first of a four-part series we take an inside look at the campaign to remove chairman, Peter Swales from Manchester City Football Club, by speaking to the man at the heart of the campaign…

View attachment 15720

The scene outside Maine Road during one of the Swales Out demonstrations.

Are you a red in disguise. Why be putting this out there at this time. Trying to drag up decades old stuff to make the idiots of yesterday look not as dispicable?

I urge the mods to delete this pathetic attempt at negativity.

Are you a red in disguise. Why be putting this out there at this time. Trying to drag up decades old stuff to make the idiots of yesterday look not as dispicable?

I don’t think it’s trying to be negative mate. I was there & it was a protest, but I don’t remember it kicking off. So it makes them look even more stupid in my opinion

I don’t think it’s trying to be negative mate. I was there & it was a protest, but I don’t remember it kicking off. So it makes them look even more stupid in my opinion
Respect your opinion - but just don’t see the point of peddling this at this moment.
We have enough enemies trying to downplay our incredible achievements this season, without our own regurgitating our more difficult periods.
Let’s put the emphasis on the good stuff going on.

Respect your opinion - but just don’t see the point of peddling this at this moment.
We have enough enemies trying to downplay our incredible achievements this season, without our own regurgitating our more difficult periods.
Let’s put the emphasis on the good stuff going on.
What are you talking about? It’s part of City’s history. We were overturning chairmen when these amateurs were out there hunting glory, thinking it would always be like that.

It's dated from April 16 2020 and it's a really good read, some nice photos of maine Road, I don't think the OP is trying to be a wind up.

The thing was that since our last trophy in 1976, we'd had 17 years of failure under Swales until Franny took over. It'd been 11 when the Swales Out movement first started in 1987, as per that article and we'd been relegated twice at that point.

United have spent hundreds of millions in the 15 years since the Glazers took over and the worst that's happened is that they've occasionally finished outside the top 4, while winning 5 PL's, along with 7 other major trophies including the CL and EL, along the way. Probably win another EL as well this season. That's excluding the Community Shield and Club World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.