The thankyou Richard Dunne thread

Absolutely gutted I think he should of stayed for at least another season even as cover because if anyone deserves to lift a trophy for our club its him, I love Dunnie and hope he rejects the contract Villa offer him.

I'm gutted, it's been a dream summer and to be fair I think we all expected this but I didn't really want to believe it. I still think the big man has at least one more good year left in him and Dunnie I wish you every success at Villa.

Looking back on the fairly depressing years of the mid 00's, in my mind anyways, it seemed that every time we played the 'big 4' on Sky Dunnie was man of the match with one titanic performance after another. One moment in particular...a couple of minutes to go at Stamford Bridge and we're clinging on for a nil-nil draw and you made a last ditch tackle (still don't know how you got back!!) on Lampard (i think) that I will never forget. In fairness, there were many others.

Are you the greatest defender in the world? of course not...but I can't think of many others with as big a heart and committment to the club that Dunnie has shown over 9 years. It's a pity we wont head into an expected golden era with our skipper but I hope his succesors show the same committment, fight for the cause when times are hard, and pride in the jersey that Dunnie has shown.

Good luck Dunne you have been a great player for the club, the time is right to move on good luck at Villa.

I think he deserves a testimonial of some sort after the service he has given.

Now on the way to the game tonight and heard the dunnie news . I'm gutted for several years he was our best player and had the chance to move on but stay loyal to the club which as prove with lescott is a rear thing.I realy do think he should have had the chance to prove himself this season. He's a city legend and I can't imagine him in another shirt. A true blue his contribution to this club should never be forgotten

He's here he's there he's every fuckinh were

Good luck for the future dunnie a true gent, great player won't be the same city without you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.