The theatre thread

Went to see The Madness of George III this evening with Mark Gatiss playing the lead. Written by Alan Bennett.

Really good production. Bennett wrote the script as a mixture of modern language with the style of the language of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 1968 version is a classic.

Oliver Reed was superb as Bill Sikes.
I agree, although it was a film and not a live musical it still seems to remain as the production which people remember as 'the classic' for both story line and casting.

Went to see The Madness of King George this evening with Mark Gatiss playing the lead. Written by Alan Bennett.

Really good production. Bennett wrote the script as a mixture of modern language with the style of the language of the time.
Nottingham Playhouse! I could tell you some stories!

I love Mark Gatiss and thought he was fucking brilliant in Wolf Hall.

Blackadder Goes Forth at the Altrincham Garrick.
Went on Tuesday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think there was a dry eye when they went over the trench wall.
Really brought home the futility of the first world war.

Went to see The Madness of King George this evening with Mark Gatiss playing the lead. Written by Alan Bennett.

It's at the Nottingham Playhouse?

I envy you mate.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.