The thin line of wedding invitations

My mate getting married in July, he only has his mum, dad and brother, she has loads of aunt,uncles etc so to even it up he asked 25 mates to go with their partners

denislawsbackheel said:
Bugger off to Bali.
Get married on a beach.
Tell everyone about it when you come home.

S'what we did. In Kefalonia though, not Bali. Fuck em.

Had a ball-just the four of us.

flb said:
Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Out of those who have been married or like me, are planning one at the moment, where was that line drawn, (if at all), where you decide who comes and who doesn't?

Mrs P has a big family whereas there aren't many of us. Because she has so many aunts, uncles and cousins we said we were going to draw the line at immediate family and her nana, (my grandparents are long gone). I'm thinking now whether to invite my aunt and uncle from my mums side so it balances it out a bit and because they are the only bit of close family I have after my immediate family, but that then creates a problem of not being able to invite their daughters, (my cousins), as another reason we are keeping it low-key is the cost of it all. How the fuck do you invite an aunty and uncle but not a cousin? If I do then invite those cousins, she will want to invite hers and there's fucking hundreds of them. Not getting hitched until next year but.....

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

wouldn't bother mate, you'll probably get divorced in the next 5 years anyway, why spend 10 grand on other people to get pissed at your expense?

None of them give a shit about you and will shower you with 20 pound next and m&s vouchers after youve paid 30 pound a head to get them pissed and eat your sausage rolls and cheddar cheese and pineapple on a stick.

I wouldn't bother either but not because you might get divorced, just don't bother. Me and Mrs Stan have been together 19 years next month, a house and two kids, been through all sorts of shit but never felt the need to get wed.

For the kids under 18 after the service/ceremony part (or before if you don't want them in there) send them all to a party somewhere. The older girls can help look after the younger ones. Get 2 of her aunts to organise it and their husbands to do the ferrying around (they will be glad to get out of going to the wedding).

Then let them in the evening do, it doesn't matter too much after the sit down meal and speeches.

Don't forget to thank the 2 aunts at the evening do.

dan_bo said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Bugger off to Bali.
Get married on a beach.
Tell everyone about it when you come home.

S'what we did. In Kefalonia though, not Bali. Fuck em.

Had a ball-just the four of us.

Four-pairs-of-feet-in-a-b-008.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.