The Tide of Humanity

Again.. you either see the pain and inequality or you do not. You seem to either not, or you're too hung upon 1 painter with no surplus to make a difference. I have no idea which. Ask yourself this.. If we all thought like you... how would anything change... ever?

Right I am bored now so for the sake of clarity your options as someone who "cares" is either

Except your apathetic like I have done
Do something about it
Moan on a forum that the world is apathetic

At the moment you have chosen number three which basically makes you the same as me and rascal, our only redeeming feature is the the lack of Tourette's

I apologise to all this with genuine Tourette's by the way

Hilts.. what can anyone (a single person) do about the dying of child at the click of Bono's fingers..
What is your aim here? To make everyone feel helpless? - Everyone does feel helpless! kids are dying every 2 seconds... untold misery and pain across the world.
Moan on a forum? Yes - and that is bad/annoying how? Would it be better to just accept shit death like you? and feel nothing and talk nothing? Delusional on a whole new level.

You are like a machine.

The analogy is, people like you would kill animals to eat. Me and others would turn vegetarian immediately if we had to kill it ourselves. There lies the hypocrisy I have been saying over and over.

You like to attack people who see the shit state of existence but don't partake in it, when you yourself probably would.

I don't see your point.. Is it that there is no changing anything? (that's untrue) Is it that we are hypocrites? (On a level we are)

You are just nihilistic.. I am surprised you haven't murdered someone. Cos it wouldn't matter if you did in your mind.

Hilts.. what can anyone (a single person) do about the dying of child at the click of Bono's fingers..
What is your aim here? To make everyone feel helpless? - Everyone does feel helpless! kids are dying every 2 seconds... untold misery and pain across the world.
Moan on a forum? Yes - and that is bad/annoying how? Would it be better to just accept shit death like you? and feel nothing and talk nothing? Delusional on a whole new level.

You are like a machine.

The analogy is, people like you would kill animals to eat. Me and others would turn vegetarian immediately if we had to kill it ourselves. There lies the hypocrisy I have been saying over and over.

You like to attack people who see the shit state of existence but don't partake in it, when you yourself probably would.

I don't see your point.. Is it that there is no changing anything? (that's untrue) Is it that we are hypocrites? (On a level we are)

You are just nihilistic.. I am surprised you haven't murdered someone. Cos it wouldn't matter if you did in your mind.

I am not sure I should even have a discussion with you based on that last comment, I cannot keep repeating myself it is pointless, you really don't know me in the slightest, you read my threads but don't get them, the only difference between us is I am bluntly honest whereas you are deceiving yourself

We are both morally bankrupt, I see it you try to make yourself feel better, I am just more self aware

I am not sure I should even have a discussion with you based on that last comment, I cannot keep repeating myself it is pointless, you really don't know me in the slightest, you read my threads but don't get them, the only difference between us is I am bluntly honest whereas you are deceiving yourself

We are both morally bankrupt, I see it you try to make yourself feel better, I am just more self aware

You truly are a nihilist. I hate humans/myself. I see the suffering. I cannot empathize with all of it because I haven't experienced all of it, but I know pain is intrinsically bad. I do not feel better when I understand it. I feel worse.. I have no idea how you could make that assumption. WE ALL HAVE THE CAPACITY TO FEEL AND SOME THINGS ARE BAD AND SOME THINGS ARE LESS BAD.

You seem like the kind of man who is deluding HIMSELF to make HIMSELF feel better.

You are bluntly nihilistic. If it aint happening to you, you don't give a fuck.. whatever.. delude yourself all you want, just don't hurt anyone else.

You truly are a nihilist. I hate humans/myself. I see the suffering. I cannot empathize with all of it because I haven't experienced all of it, but I know pain is intrinsically bad. I do not feel better when I understand it. I feel worse.. I have no idea how you could make that assumption. WE ALL HAVE THE CAPACITY TO FEEL AND SOME THINGS ARE BAD AND SOME THINGS ARE LESS BAD.

You seem like the kind of man who is deluding HIMSELF to make HIMSELF feel better.

You are bluntly nihilistic. If it aint happening to you, you don't give a fuck.. whatever.. delude yourself all you want, just don't hurt anyone else.
Seriously what are you talking about, why would I hurt anyone you are pushing it now, you will not answer the repeated question, if you care that much what have you done about it, got off the computer and do something otherwise you are the same as me, you are the deluded one

Seriously what are you talking about, why would I hurt anyone you are pushing it now, you will not answer the repeated question, if you care that much what have you done about it, got off the computer and do something otherwise you are the same as me, you are the deluded one

I answered this crap weeks ago. For anyone to care about the state of the world you expect them to be Gandhi. That's it really? Your argument for your apathy is that more people aren't more Ganhdi-like?

I have agreed with you what? 12 times now? that we are hypocrites.. who do you choose to give to? The fucking leaders should short the glaringly obvious suffering out.. it's been a long time coming. Like virtually everyone else we go to work, pay our taxes.. it isn't enough I guess.

The world is shit and you either say fuck it, or you leave your wife and kids and help the desperate, or you atleast show your beliefs in conversation.. but you'll get chastized by Hilts-like poeple. Or none of those.. whatever.

I answered this crap weeks ago. For anyone to care about the state of the world you expect them to be Gandhi. That's it really? Your argument for your apathy is that more people aren't more Ganhdi-like?

I have agreed with you what? 12 times now? that we are hypocrites.. who do you choose to give to? The fucking leaders should short the glaringly obvious suffering out.. it's been a long time coming. Like virtually everyone else we go to work, pay our taxes.. it isn't enough I guess.

The world is shit and you either say fuck it, or you leave your wife and kids and help the desperate, or you atleast show your beliefs in conversation.. but you'll get chastized by Hilts-like poeple. Or none of those.. whatever.

You don't have to be Gandhi or leave your kids, just sacrifice money or time to help someone, this however means effort or sacrifice so we don't, I see this major flaw whereas you woman on a forum, good luck I am sure your emotional outpourings on bluemoon helps the starving kids in Africa

I am happy that you show your beliefs in conversations, actions speaking louder than words obviously doesn't mean much to you, I vaguely remember a fable in the bible about a poor man and a rich man giving to a begger, you should read it because as it stands talking a good game seems enough for you

Either help the needy or shut up about it seems apt really

But as a cold hearted murderer of humans and animals what do I know

You don't have to be Gandhi or leave your kids, just sacrifice money or time to help someone, this however means effort or sacrifice so we don't, I see this major flaw whereas you woman on a forum, good luck I am sure your emotional outpourings on bluemoon helps the starving kids in Africa

I am happy that you show your beliefs in conversations, actions speaking louder than words obviously doesn't mean much to you, I vaguely remember a fable in the bible about a poor man and a rich man giving to a begger, you should read it because as it stands talking a good game seems enough for you

Either help the needy or shut up about it seems apt really

But as a cold hearted murderer of humans and animals what do I know

It doesn't hinder the starving kids.. I know that, Not like you and your "fuck them! attitude" No spare money here Hilts, but in your scenario, I should cancel my internet, my gas, my water, and give everything to Africa,..
Exactly. So shut the fuck up. You seem to sit on your plinth passing judgment.. About as non-empathetic as can be. 'What will be will be' is what you seem to believe. You do not know me as I do not know you, but your presumptions are worse.. cos I talk about caring where as you talk about 'fuck it'

If you contract cancer - you know people give money to the cause don't you? Your survival will be due to others giving spare money... What will you say then? "I didn't ask them to...."?

I still have no idea what your motive is here...except you being a 'fuck everyone including myself' type person which equals a nihilist.

I'd like TCIB to name names as well. A bit of an arsey thing to write that was.

I mean generally in politics threads, they just turn nasty with no need and Rasc does that a fair bit every time i pop in to consider posting i see divisive unnecessarily nasty rhetoric to others. I understand people were upset with the result but it is what it is. We are defo screwed if we can't let go of stuff we can't affect anymore.
Someone started a thread recently on how barbed and nasty the forum had been getting; and we need to cheer up so i just fancy a break from all the bad vibes.
I know it is not just Rasc who feels strongly on it but it gets a bit much after a few months of it. I didn't keep rasc on mute i just needed a little break from what i see as thread killing, well the start of it imo.

So back ontopic...

So what do we do to break this infinite loop regarding political apathy, how do we get a kick up the arse to engage more ?
Would that help accountability and increase transparency if we did?, i think it could which would be a start.
We would have to start at that before we got to affect whole world views for the better i think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.