The Times they are a changing..

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Theres like this big big change, Ive gone from being nonchalant, nonplussed, not really looking forward to watching City's next game, (not because of any desire to stop loving the club, more of an irritating tetchiness) to this kind of feeling of 'cant wait' for the next game..... the next chapter.

Mancini it appears, is a magician, there's a look in his eyes (like Im sure I once saw in Jose's) like he knows so much, so much more than the average punter. He's changed things 100%, now (finally) City look like a team that knows what theyre doing, from a team of great players that could be easily taken apart, by anybody, even the bottom of the league's unglamorous occupants. I was looking at the fixtures, and depressing myself, thinking, weve got to play Wolves......and Stoke, dreading Stoke at times, convincing myself that we just cant beat them, cant handle they're 'in yer face' tactics, big tough players, long ball...but weve beat them, fair and square, and weve beat Boro AWAY!!, in the snow, how can City beat Stoke and Boro in a week ??
How can anybody in a few days produce formulation where there didnt seem to be formulation ? tighten up a back 4 bereft of 50% of its 'big' players ?............. Boyata instead of Lescott ? How many chances did Stoke or Boro have on our goal ? not many at all, why ? because of our game plan, we stopped Stoke scoring by stopping them getting near our goals, result = frustration for them & Wolves, so just leave it to our front men to score (which eventually they will always do).
FINALLY.......City have brushed aside inferior opposition.

Dont get me wrong, I know were gonna lose games, but, Im OK with that, because now I see we have someone in charge that can adopt tactics, tactics that can change, mid game if needs be, can use squad players that fit, there will be a plan to win games, a plan that can change weekly. Suddenly it seems we have happy players like Petrov, Tevez is on fire, Barry playing his best games........man management?

The thrill is back, the anticipation, even to play the rags, a game I usually end up being depressed about, I think we can handle them now, no fear, we will outplay THEM for a change. I have this feeling that players like Lescott Bridge who maybe havent shown their value for money will become better, more disciplined defenders under Roberto, OR , he will bring in what we need.

I know I dont speak for every Man City fan, some still smart over Hughes, I know that I'm merely expressing on a message board my own feelings, my own opinions, but that is fine because Im now convinced, CONVINCED, were going to be a great great team, extremely hard to beat, a team with great great attacking players who people watch and admire, but with steel further back........flair with steel and dicipline under Mancini.
I cant wait for the semi's, I cant wait for Blackburn, I cant wait to see what Mancini does next, I have to thank him and admit....... I love the bloke already

"Can't wait for the semi's and Blackburn". Everton is not normally a stand out fixture but it definatlely has that exciting edge to it this time around. Thats because 1)they, and Moyes in particular, have the hump with us 2)we haven't played them yet and 3)we're probably favourites for the first time in many moons. Gonna be in those crappy wooden seats again but can't wait.

true faith said:
"Can't wait for the semi's and Blackburn". Everton is not normally a stand out fixture but it definatlely has that exciting edge to it this time around. Thats because 1)they, and Moyes in particular, have the hump with us 2)we haven't played them yet and 3)we're probably favourites for the first time in many moons. Gonna be in those crappy wooden seats again but can't wait.

Everton is not normally a stand out fixture but it definatlely has that exciting edge to it this time around

I am a little worried about this fixture especially because all the other top 7 have easy matches

city51 said:
true faith said:

Everton is not normally a stand out fixture but it definatlely has that exciting edge to it this time around

I am a little worried about this fixture especially because all the other top 7 have easy matches

No match is easy this season, One of the top 7 is bound to drop points.

With Everton conceding very late against Arsenal i hope they feel deflated and i expect us to go there and battle for 3 points. They are a tough game but we should have enough for them. I hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.