The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you not
Not particularly thrilled they have dropped points again. City have been well under par since the end of October. IF we beat Villa tomorrow and avoid losing to them next week, I’ll be a bit more positive. For now, my expectations are being kept low. I’ve been impressed with Arsenal all season, but they’re showing signs of pressure and the run in is still a couple of months away.

We need big changes next summer. If we somehow win the title with weakness throughout the team, it would be Peps best title win
Not thrilled that the only team above us has dropped points?

We need to get our shit together (clearly) but seeing Arsenal take 1 point against Everton and Brentford (sound familiar??) has given me much more confidence.

Do we need to improve ? Yes.

Do we need to be at our very best to win it this season? Don’t think so.

I’m still of the opinion that if we can improve enough to get our noses in front they’ll fall away.

We need to get our shit together (clearly) but seeing Arsenal take 1 point against Everton and Brentford (sound familiar??) has given me much more confidence.

Do we need to improve ? Yes.

Do we need to be at our very best to win it this season? Don’t think so.

I’m still of the opinion that if we can improve enough to get our noses in front they’ll fall away.
Don't be too confident. The premierleague has brought out a new rule. If you play in blue you have to be 10 clear points in front of second place to win the league.

If we win, this will be the greatest title of them all. Why? Because we’ll have won it without playing our best, in the most competitive era of the PL, against a back drop of allegations and contempt, with the smallest squad in the league and with no left back!!

Now I know there will be dropped points from both teams in unexpected games till the end of the season & it's all just guess work... But I've just compared our respective games up till around April and our fixture list (to me anyway) is much 'kinder' and I believe Arsenal will drop several points over the next 6/7 games.

IF we dont get beat Wednesday, I would then have us as favorites. I havent felt that since before the Brentford game. I know this all depends on us picking up form but I would back us to find it.

Wednesday is gigantic really but I would certainly take a draw, as I suspect Arsenal would.

Having said all of the above, defeat would be more defining for us than Arsenal. So what i'm saying is, it could go either way. I think.

Now I know there will be dropped points from both teams in unexpected games till the end of the season & it's all just guess work... But I've just compared our respective games up till around April and our fixture list (to me anyway) is much 'kinder' and I believe Arsenal will drop several points over the next 6/7 games.

IF we dont get beat Wednesday, I would then have us as favorites. I havent felt that since before the Brentford game. I know this all depends on us picking up form but I would back us to find it.

Wednesday is gigantic really but I would certainly take a draw, as I suspect Arsenal would.

Having said all of the above, defeat would be more defining for us than Arsenal. So what i'm saying is, it could go either way. I think.
Before the weekend, Wednesday looked like a must-win game. Now it's a must-not-lose game. I still think whoever wins that game is going to win the league. If it's a draw I fancy our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.