The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said after their Newcastle game they were looking a bit hyped up at that early stage

We just need to Turn the screw for the next 3 or 4 games and we could see their challenge drift away like a fart in a strong breeze

we then get the added bonus of those clowns from Salford thinking they are in a title race only to come up short AGAIN

Last edited:
It is absolute madness that people considered Arsenal's first half of the season to be near-perfect and yet now after 22 games the most they can get is 99 points.

Our 100 point season is just outrageous isn't it?

We need to go on one of those City-esque runs now, no letting up. Arsenal have 1 point in 9, they're going to be rattled and they have some tough games coming up. The next stretch of 8 games could be decisive if we stick the knife in.
The Centurions team never gets the credit it deserved. The fact that we’re only just past the halfway point and nobody can reach 100 points, even if they won every game just shows what an achievement it was. City raised the bar so high that a normal title winning points tally looks like a poor season.

It is absolute madness that people considered Arsenal's first half of the season to be near-perfect and yet now after 22 games the most they can get is 99 points.

Our 100 point season is just outrageous isn't it?

We need to go on one of those City-esque runs now, no letting up. Arsenal have 1 point in 9, they're going to be rattled and they have some tough games coming up. The next stretch of 8 games could be decisive if we stick the knife in.
Arsenal's first half of the season was near perfect. The mad thing is we did that for a whole season.

Starting to look down the forthcoming matches for Arsenal and there are banana skins everywhere all of a sudden. Amazing how quickly these sorts of things can get away from you. I couldn't see where they were dropping serious points a few weeks ago.

85-89 to win the league.

I honestly thought we'd have no chance at winning the league 3 weeks ago. But now... we're fired up. The FA charges against us has lit a fire. We're now the unjustly accused team - and finally, we mean business.
===
And by-the-by - I really do think that the FA charges against us are bullshit - the point of this post though isn't my opinion - it's that these charges have fired up our team. I think we'll win the league and go on an unmatchable winning streak because of this.

Would be good to see a comparison of home/away fixtures left for each team set against the league table. I might knock it together if I find some time over the weekend. My feeling would be that our fixture list is a lot more generous…

The games left has a lot to do with it as well (which is why we were level pre-game)

Toughest games left on paper (teams in the top half):

City
Arsenal
Newcastle (H)​
Fulham (A)​
Liverpool (H)​
Liverpool (A)​
Brighton (A)​
City (A)​
Arsenal (H)​
Chelsea (H)​
Fulham (A)​
Newcastle (A)​
Chelsea (H)​
Brighton (H)​
Brentford (A)​

Looks a lot kinder to us.
Arse have some very tuff aways, Villa and Leicester away next aren't easy dont even make their list!!

It was 187 days ago from yesterday since we were last top of the league. People were writing us off saying this season was a step too far. I'll use the analogy of Steve Cram (for those who are old enough to remember him). You simply cannot ever rule us out, we are happy to set our pace, keep in the race and when our opponents falter or tire, we are ready to pounce, just like Cram in one of his races. Hopefully, like Cram, our race will end in another victory. What a truly great club and manager we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.