The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychologically, so much of a title race is about momentum. A few weeks ago when it looked like Arsenal might be coming to the Etihad 11 points clear, we’d have been ecstatic to find ourselves where we are now.
But then Arsenal firstly went into ‘bottling’ mode and secondly, we hammered them. Everything was almost looking too easy and the title would be sealed with games to spare.
Now they’ve had a couple of wins, some people are getting a bit twitchy again. Just need to relax - it’s in our own hands and we’ve been here before. Gonna be fine.

Their momentum is, they've won their last two games. Oooooohh.

Our momentum is, we've won our last... fuck I've actually lost count, but it is a lot.

Last edited:
Everton - currently in terrible form, we have 4 full days rest.
Chelsea - it's a home game, we can beat anyone, and they've nothing to play for.
Brighton - just like City, they play 4 times before this game. By then, European spot will be out of reach especially if Arsenal beat them.
Brentford - have nothing to play for, if we need a win we'll get it.

The fixtures appear tough, but they are not that bad.
I will add that 3 of those teams won’t park the bus, as they tend to try and play a bit of football….which suits us.

Big win for them yesterday, let's not kid ourselves.

It makes the Everton a huge fixture, not that is wasn't before.

Trust this team and manager to get the job done.

We’ve been here before 4 times in the last 10 years ( I think). 3 times v Liverpool, 1 time v Utd.

End of season and we need to win our last games. So it’s not new to the players. Arsenal are not gong away so just like the other times we have to do it ourselves. If we don’t then good luck to Arsenal.

Their games are nailed on. Forest are a lot better at home and Brighton will be motivated especially if they win tonight.

Alternatively whilst no guarantees this is one of the worst Everton teams and if they lose tonight there will be massive pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.