The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have absolutely no doubt the spuds team will play to win no matter what the fans want, its down to the 2 teams on the pitch, may the best team win.

Let's face it, teams do not roll over to stop rivals winning the title. Even though they lost no one could accuse the rags of living down on Sunday. I and others have sighted us beating Leeds in 92 and Blackburn a few years later. The biggest example was Blackburn going to Anfield on the last say of the season with Dalglish as manager, everyone said Liverpool would roll over and give Dalglish the title. Liverpool won and Blackburn took the title as the rags drew at West Ham. Liverpool fans celebrated like they had won the title but had supported their team for 90 mins. If we win it will be due to our own efforts can't expect any help from Spurs though their fans would be happy to deny Arsenal the title.

Why wonder about Spurs, West Ham, or whatever team in the PL. They all wanna beat us, beat the champions, beat the treble winners.

We win twice and we win the league. 180 plus minutes to do it.

We don’t have to imagine. Three times we played end of season games against teams going for the title against United.

Blackburn away, where we won. That was different though because we were still smack bang in the middle of a relegation battle and had our own shit to worry about.

Villa away. We got beat in the end after I think Niall Quinn put us in front. It kicked off City V City after one of the Villa goals, with some City fans cheering the goal and others taking exception.

And Leeds at home, when we battered them 4-0 and they beat United to the title anyway. But loads of blues were saying they hope we get beat before the game.
I 100 percent wanted Leeds United to batter us that day. I was Leeds all day

A spurs win would officially crown Arsenal’s resurgence to the top table after years in the PL wilderness and could kickstart a period of donination

That isn’t in the Spurs’ players best interest for the coming seasons, even if as you say they are not emotionally attached as the fans. Like you said, this isn’t just another title for Arsenal, so the whole club should this morning agree to throw the game.
This post definitely. They won’t do well in the champs league anyway so the fans don’t give a stiff. Massive poznan from all spurs tonight but we can’t let this be a distraction no way

i dont know how many spurs players are home grown and support the club 'if any', a reverse situation is its us playing and if we win the game the title goes to united, its the 85th minute and we have a penalty and Foden has been told to take it. is he really going to score or make it a very unlucky miss, i think the later

Let's face it, teams do not roll over to stop rivals winning the title. Even though they lost no one could accuse the rags of living down on Sunday. I and others have sighted us beating Leeds in 92 and Blackburn a few years later. The biggest example was Blackburn going to Anfield on the last say of the season with Dalglish as manager, everyone said Liverpool would roll over and give Dalglish the title. Liverpool won and Blackburn took the title as the rags drew at West Ham. Liverpool fans celebrated like they had won the title but had supported their team for 90 mins. If we win it will be due to our own efforts can't expect any help from Spurs though their fans would be happy to deny Arsenal the title.
This. Spurs players will try to win the game, especially with CL football in sight. Having said that, we should have too much for them.

Can't wait for this game to be over just to kill off all the endless chitter chatter about arsenal fans supporting spurs, spurs supporting city, will the players care, blah blah blah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.