The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said last year that I really wanted 3 in a row and would try and stay relaxed about this year upto now I have you know we can't win every year its just not possible, yes we have the best squad and manager in the world but sometimes it just doesn't happen, we had the greatest season ever last year better than anyone's ever, I'm sure we will be very competitive throughout the season and I'm sure we will win a pot or two.
It's difficult but I'm trying not to be a spoilt brat.
It's not about a sense of entitlement...it's simply a matter of excellence being rewarded. It's a far stretch of any honest imagination to believe this City squad will be outpaced over 38 games by any squad currently in the Prem. Barring a long term injury to Rodri that's simply not going to happen, simple as...

... We need to pick up points while Kev's still out.
Absolutely. It's dangerous to put our hopes on Kev only. What if that goes wrong, by not finding form or having a setback?

Pep has to find a solution w/o Kev, and a perfect Kev comeback should be seen as a huge bonus. We have to be prepared for mixed news and can't build our season hopes on Kev. Our creative play needs a fresh paint, Pep knows best. But it needs some time, sadly.

Without too much drama, losing all 3 matches with Rodri suspended leaves a long shadow on that team as being a bit embarrassing...

But we've also seen Rodri's impact on the team display in Leipzig, so there's some hope. Away win at the bridge or old toilet should have the impact we need.

Really don't see why a lot of people are pissing the bed, think we win it by a good 10 or 12 points.

The rest of the chasing pack look toothless and we know this team will put a vicious run together, as they always do after Christmas, bring it on.

Absolutely. It's dangerous to put our hopes on Kev only. What if that goes wrong, by not finding form or having a setback?

Pep has to find a solution w/o Kev, and a perfect Kev comeback should be seen as a huge bonus. We have to be prepared for mixed news and can't build our season hopes on Kev. Our creative play needs a fresh paint, Pep knows best. But it needs some time, sadly.

Without too much drama, losing all 3 matches with Rodri suspended leaves a long shadow on that team as being a bit embarrassing...

But we've also seen Rodri's impact on the team display in Leipzig, so there's some hope. Away win at the bridge or old toilet should have the impact we need.
Rodri is more important than Kev because without Kev we won our first 6 games quite easy. But without Rodri we have hit problems

A couple of seasons ago, I seem to recall Pep saying he had two first class players for every position. Rotating the players didn't seem to have too much effect on the team performance. Now, it seems we are too dependent on one two players and their absence is causing our current below par performance.
Perhaps we are missing the recent departed players more than we realised?

A couple of seasons ago, I seem to recall Pep saying he had two first class players for every position. Rotating the players didn't seem to have too much effect on the team performance. Now, it seems we are too dependent on one two players and their absence is causing our current below par performance.
Perhaps we are missing the recent departed players more than we realised?
Our best established players were missing, and the new guys are still bedding in. Just needs some time

If we are still in touch by the end of the year, which I would expect, then City will change gear, as we always do, and it will be an exceptional team that can keep up.

I haven’t seen an exceptional team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.