The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pep has put Foden in midfield multiple times but it becomes a basketball game everytime with end to end. Even Foden has said he needs to be better off the ball.

Even @twosips has said.. the best games he's seen Foden play were always end to end. PSG @ home, Chelsea away this year, Spurs @ home this year.

And Bellingham and Rice both said no to us. We had the money but they didn't want us.. I suppose we can blame the 115 for that most likely as foreign born players won't care but apparently English players sure do!
I don't think the 115 charges were the main factor in their decisions. Madrid are still a top draw for players as for Rice he's a London lad and I suspect that not having to relocate was a factor.

As for Foden I disagree he has energy, fantastic dribbling skills and no little skill. Our midfield needs some pace and legs and imo he has had limited opportunities to prove himself in this area.

For me, this is why there needs to be a bit more leniency from fans. We lost Gundo and then first game of the season lost the best player in the league. That's not something anyone was expecting and he's irreplaceable. So Pep used Kovacic alongside Rodri and Alvarez alongside Haaland and it worked well, we won every game. Then came Rodri's suspension and we went from the midfield three that won us the treble to a completely new one, which has now had to play three league games this season. The critical position in Pep's side completely decimated.

He's tried to find a solution in the games Rodri missed and it hasn't worked. He's identified the lack of balance to the side and then over compensated last night. It happens.

Our next 10 PL games are:
Luton a
Palace h
Everton a
Shef Utd h
Newcastle a
Burnley h
Brentford a
Everton h
Chelsea h
Bournemouth a

One or two tricky fixtures in there, but nothing like the run we've been on...things change very quickly in this league.
plus rodri , jack, kdb and doku back in the team is like whole different stratosphere.

People saying it’s a much stronger league this year, all our rivals have improved etc etc have got it totally wrong. Arsenal are marginally better and we’re not quite as strong.

Completely agree. This current Liverpool side is good, but also curiously wobbly. Not comparable to the relentless juggernaut that they were three or four years back. Arsenal are getting results, but they're not flying along as they were at this point last season. I'd say they're as good as they were, but not better. There are teams like Tottenham and Villa who have surprised even themselves, I think it can be said. But that was true of Newcastle and Brighton last season.

We can’t afford any more slip ups before the New Year. We have to win all of the next four games.
Simple as that really. We can and will drop more points, but we need to win everything before Newcastle away otherwise I truly think we are leaving ourselves too much to do. It's not enough to just assume we will "go on a run" in the spring. Very doable, though, and think the mid-season warm weather break could do us the world of good.

Simple as that really. We can and will drop more points, but we need to win everything before Newcastle away otherwise I truly think we are leaving ourselves too much to do. It's not enough to just assume we will "go on a run" in the spring. Very doable, though, and think the mid-season warm weather break could do us the world of good.
Fingers crossed.

The all-important thing now is that the current gap of 6 pts doesn't get bigger over the next 1-2 months. It's not necessary that we close the gap, but it's necessary that we give us a chance to be there come March-April. IF we are 5 pts off the top after Liverpool away, I back us to win the league from there. Hang in there, that's all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.