The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have only lost one of the last five visits to Klanfield , Cancelo's brain fart seperated the teams last time , so their recent home record against us is nothing to fear .Looking at the Dippers form this season they are vulnerable away from home and i do not see that changing , but i can see us getting stronger with KDB ,Stones & Haaland playing regularly again.
We are still odds on at the bookies and i think they have got it right , time will tell.
Fair points and lets hope so..im just pessimistic when thinking about us v thm ..always!!! regardless of logic!

“Midden”. Now that's a fine word. I wish I had my OED to hand (Oxford English Dictionary) to look up the history of that word. I suspect it's very ancient. Going back to mediaeval times, at least. Sounds Germanic or Old Icelandic to me.
Any enlightenment?
Yes. Middle English from the Norse. Meant a dunghill. My History teacher who doubled as coach to the cricket team delighted in saying the word to describe any bad pitch or sticky wicket. I remember reading it was also used to describe the pitch City played on at Southend in the F.A. Cup run of 1956 when sand and cockle shells from the beach were mixed in with the grass to counteract the effects of days of heavy rain.

What do you lads recon of the following front 5 once Kevin comes back?

Doku with Grealish and Bernardo on the right would be another solution.
View attachment 103167
Think when it comes to crunch games Pep will go with Bernardo over Doku, just for this first season while Doku gets on everyone's wavelength. But what an asset Doku will be in games where Grealish, Foden, Kevin, etc. need a rest and need looking after. I'd say Bernie would need a rest but he rarely does.

What's the latest on Kevin? Glad he seems to be on the mend, he must've hated being out so long himself too

We have lost one of our last 5 visits to their midden and that was a Cancelo cock up that gave them a lucky 1-0 win , you worry too much :)
We've lost 2 out of 5 -- there was also Oct 2019, the infamous Arnold handball. OliVAR at his finest.

The problem is virtually every year we get shafted in that cesspool:
- 2022/23 - Foden goal chalked off for the softest of challenges on Thiago
- 2021/22 - Milner remains on the field after at least 3 yellow card challenges
- 2019/20 - Arnold volleyball
- 2017/18 - Champ League: Salah offside goal, Jesus onside disallowed, Robertson on Sterling no pen

By no small coincidence, the 2 times the game was reff'd fairly, we were better. Shat on them in 2020/21 and should have won in 2018/19 if Mahrez hadn't mistaken the International Space Station for the goalposts.

“Liverpool’s main strength is energy.” That is so true and is why the Klopp method is unsustainable. It is why their “quad” campaign broke them and why their performance levels dropped so much afterwards. They have now completely replaced their midfield with youth and energy, if it doesn’t work then what?
That’ll be the PED’s

We've been underwhelming (maybe not exactly shite) for the thick end of three months. And we're (theoretically) 2 points off the top. That win at Everton could be huge, in terms of a starting point. We're still right in the mix. Believe.

Back in 18-19 we were chasing Liverpool in January and were 4 pts off the top. Then we played Newcastle away, scored in the first minute and...lost. Many thought it was over. But Liverpool drew vs Leicester and were only 5 pts ahead. The rest was history: we won 14 games in a row.

Don't shit the pants if we drop points at Newcastle. Liverpool will be only 4-5 pts ahead...That said, I think we are more likely to win at Newcastle than to draw or lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.