The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The games we have left the way we playing at moment can see us dropping maybe another 4/6 points is 88/90 points be enough?

Dippers next 4 games inc home games v Brighton, Sheff Utd and Palace. Just up to us to stay in touch with our next 2 at home to Arsenal and Villa.
That’s disappointing to hear, I think Liverpool may probably edge it now, was definitely a huge missed opportunity yesterday, do feel deflated but it’s far from over

The games we have left the way we playing at moment can see us dropping maybe another 4/6 points is 88/90 points be enough?

I think our maximum is 88-89 pts. Given that we play CL games, hopefully CL semis too and a FA Cup semi, we'll drop at least 4-5 pts, imo. I think the same applies for Liverpool and Arsenal. Wouldn't be surprised if all 3 teams drop at least 6-7 pts.

Imagine the final 2-3 games if all 3 teams can win it!

I just hope Arse hit top form too soon they have been freescoring form since early January, that surely must end around April. if not, title is theirs.

problem is the Arse-dipper game earlier, Arteta completely shut them off limiting them to one shot on target, while scored their chances.

and they gave us not much chance at the Emirates either. feels like Arteta learned his lessons tactically did a fantastic transfer window with getting in Rice and giving belief to Havertz he was missing at Chelsea and also Raya is a much more decent GK than Ramsdale thats 3 upgrades in one summer into their line up. we had zero transfers like that last summer.

unfortunately thats hell of a lot better recruitment than Nunes, Gvardiol, Doku, Kovacic. I mean Rice and Havertz has more starts than our 4 players together in PL this season. had they went out and downgrade rather than upgrade they would be nowhere near us. and actually doing last season what they did without likes of Raya, Havertz, Rice is more solid looking back now but they folded under pressure as they were not ready yet. this time the way they beat us in the league and dippers too even us in super cup game with lucky deflections and pens and with good recruitment they might be ready this time around.

Arteta also avoided a loss at Anfield, which again was a more controlled match than how much control we had today.
Arteta learned from the best and learned well.

still I would hate it if he could lift the title taking everything he learned here and get the better of us over a season.

Txiki also has something to explain, because from a treble winning position to do that transfer wise we lose hugely experienced class players and replace them with bench players, if that happened to Arteta he loses Xhaka and gets a worse player than Xhaka rather than Rice a much better one, well Arsenal wouldnt be where they are today.
same as us before if we had replaced Jesus with Callum Wilson instead of Haaland we might not win treble last season. recruitment does matter, it matters a lot, and Phillips, Nunes etc direction aint gonna get us anywhere apart from costly errors while allowing rivals to catch us while we are front...

next thing you know is Alvarez playing instead of Rodri if he is injured as pep wont trust Nunes, Kovacic, Phillips etc to do that.
The transfers were an absolute disgrace

I think our maximum is 88-89 pts. Given that we play CL games, hopefully CL semis too and a FA Cup semi, we'll drop at least 4-5 pts, imo. I think the same applies for Liverpool and Arsenal. Wouldn't be surprised if all 3 teams drop at least 6-7 pts.

Imagine the final 2-3 games if all 3 teams can win it!

I though we had 64 but it's 63 points we have so max we can get is 93 so revised that to 87/89 points I think we will end up with

Maybe pal but I can see the difference between this team and last year.

We've won more games in all compets this season than we had last season at the same stage. And KDB and Stones have missed 9 months between them this season...

Were you predicting the Treble back in March last year? Incredible if you did it see coming.

Truth is nobody knows what's going to happen: another Treble or nothing... We are favourites in every competition for a reason, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.