The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scousers to lose now, after Arsenal handed it to them. Don't see them dropping that many points, especially with the story St Jürgen winning yet another PL gives to the league merchandising team around the world.

Listening to Arsenal fans on the radio, it seems like most will be happy with 2nd again. Suppose as long as they finish above Spurs and make a profit, they consider it a good season.
They certainly have gone very very quiet :)

We lack balance in the squad. We've got 2 players who prefer to play on the left(3 if you count Bobb) and nobody who wants to play on the right. Phil and Bernardo get put there when they're both better centrally. We've got one DM who has to play every single game because nobody can cover. We have the best playmaker in the world but age and injuries are catching up with him. We have one senior full back in the squad which I think is starting to catch up with us, particularly when injuries kick in as they are now, it gives you less cover when at least one of your CBs is playing left back every week. The last time we signed a good reliable left back was 13 years ago under Mancini FFS!

Despite all this though, we are still 3 points off the top. I still believe we can do it. All the seasons we haven't won the league we've been well off it by now. We've got players capable of winning every game for us despite the problems in the squad, and we've got the best manager in the world. We can't let the dippers have it easy, let's beat Villa on Weds and put the pressure on them.

The Klopp wankfest if they do it doesn't bare thinking about. We have got to stop it!

home games should be relatively simple apart from the Villa one who tactically can cause us problems. away games, well, Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Forest, Fulham
last round is Fulham I guess their position will be solid at the time, they wont have much left to play for. Forest potentially knee deep in relegation battle in 37th round with their life might depend on this fixture also their last home game, can become risky.
while Palace, Brighton, Spurs all potential banana skin games for us.

The bookies have swung the odds based on today’s result and switched Liverpool as the favourites. I think I agree with that, however any blue that throws the towel in now needs to take a good look at themselves. You win nothing if you give up too soon.
Abso-f**king-lutely.. some right wusses and WUMs on here tonight.

Every coach I ever played under always said the same things.. play to the end and you never give in.

And that's 'never' as in 'EVER'. Long way to go yet. C'mon you Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.