The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That will be their undoing. The hype machine will be greater than their abilities.

If we can somehow win our remaining games, we will be champions, but it's a tall order.

Watkins missing tomorrow will help
Is he definitely out? All I can see is that he's a major doubt.

Is he definitely out? All I can see is that he's a major doubt.

Can't see him starting, bud?

They won't risk their top scorer against someone like City when they have bigger games to come and can get maximum points from.

Expecting another Arsenal type defensive formation from Villa.

That will be their undoing. The hype machine will be greater than their abilities.

If we can somehow win our remaining games, we will be champions, but it's a tall order.

Watkins missing tomorrow will help

Liverpool thrive on hype. The whole club is built on it.

I still back us till the end and things can change quickly, just responding to that one point.

Can't see him starting, bud?

They won't risk their top scorer against someone like City when they have bigger games to come and can get maximum points from.

Expecting another Arsenal type defensive formation from Villa.
You'd think not, with a hamstring injury. They're not the sort of injury you can run off in training.

Liverpool thrive on hype. The whole club is built on it.

I still back us till the end and things can change quickly, just responding to that one point.

There's something to that, but they would have won more titles or the quadruple if it was entirely true.

There's a reason why Klopp prefers the underdog role. Now that they are favourites the pressure is more likely to get to them. They were favourites in early February 2019 but drew 3 games in the next 5 or so and lost by a point. They won the remaining 9 games after City went top. They won't be happy with that favourites tag.

In the first 20 minutes at Copenhagen, we played with a swagger and purpose that was irresistible but which, alas, has been all too fleetingly seen this season. In the coming weeks, we’re going to have to field that starting eleven (-/+ Gvardiol) and strut our stuff if we’re to win the title.

No exactly served them well in title races for the last 32 years, has it?

I think we have only ourselves to blame.

Right now we have no teeth in our attack.

Do we have the pace of Sane or Sterling? No
Do we feed Haaland on the break? No
Do we get anything to Haaland? No
Do we dribble past people like David Silva or Mahrez? No
Do our wingers put up 15+ goals seasons? No
Do we have Gundogan back post cleanup? No
Do we have KDB's pace where he can run past people? No
Do we have someone intelligent like Fernandinho? No

Teams know if they can somehow stop our counter, we'll just side to side it and it's like pulling teeth trying to score goals. We've got the nostalgia of 5 of 6 titles and a treble but honestly..

We saw problems last year integrating Haaland but somehow his 50 goal season papered over the cracks and we surprised ourselves with a treble.

What is becoming clearer is that we are in transitional season.. it may turn out to be a 21-22 type season where a 5:36 miracle wins us the league again..

But we desperately need players of 3 types:

1. Those that can get a key pass through to our striker
2. Those that can take the pressure off him by creating goals for themselves.
3. A backup DM that can play alongside Rodri (I think MacAllister was a bargain last year but anyways.. we need someone else)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.