The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Germany back ahead on the COEFF slightly (due to the 1/7th v 1/8th for the 2 points tonight), and damage done in terms of setting up knock-outs.

Very much set up for going either way now, and the Italians likely to have 3 in the semis are less likely to be caught after the Liverpool result, England City and Villa, Germany Bayern and Bayer for Germany.

Arsenal and Dortmund will have something to say about that, however if BM beat Arsenal then the additional 5th place would really need City to go through to the final to claim it.

Or I could be completely wrong and the Hammers perform a great comeback etc.

Germany back ahead on the COEFF slightly (due to the 1/7th v 1/8th for the 2 points tonight), and damage done in terms of setting up knock-outs.

Very much set up for going either way now, and the Italians likely to have 3 in the semis are less likely to be caught after the Liverpool result, England City and Villa, Germany Bayern and Bayer for Germany.

Arsenal and Dortmund will have something to say about that, however if BM beat Arsenal then the additional 5th place would really need City to go through to the final to claim it.

Or I could be completely wrong and the Hammers perform a great comeback etc.
Ironic if City’s European success gives an extra slot to an ‘Istree Club who can’t cut it on merit alone.

Tie isn’t done yet
Gonna have to go full strength next Thursday this now means, whereas if they’d won cozily tonight there was the opportunity to rest some players
Or they can just call it quits on EUROPA and just go all out on the league. Arsenal's run is more tricky than theirs, they might slip up somewhere. If Liverpool do decide to go with a weaker side next Thursday, which I think they might do, it would be solely to try out pace us in the premier league, after all, we in 3 competitions which we aren't willing to forfeit. Perhaps they will bank on the fact that they are a point clear than us, with 7-games to go, they can see the finish line, with no EUROPA distracting them or draining them out on Thursday's, whilst having a premier league game on Sunday.

Last edited:
The more I look at the fixtures remaining, the more I think that Spurs will decide it. If there’s only four champions league spots, they’re going to be right up for all their games remaining. Imagine going to Spurs last week of the season needing a win to go top. But, they also need a result which would keep/get them in the top four.

Looking at Spurs fixtures, they’ve got a tough run this month, I just hope they get enough points to secure top four by time we play them.

The more I look at the fixtures remaining, the more I think that Spurs will decide it. If there’s only four champions league spots, they’re going to be right up for all their games remaining. Imagine going to Spurs last week of the season needing a win to go top. But, they also need a result which would keep/get them in the top four.

Looking at Spurs fixtures, they’ve got a tough run this month, I just hope they get enough points to secure top four by time we play them.
Exactly.

Ironic if City’s European success gives an extra slot to an ‘Istree Club who can’t cut it on merit alone.
I think our tie is genuinely in the balance. Madrid's pace can be the factor and we aren't great at breaking down defenses. I think, sadly, it could be very very tough for us next week. Hanging on to a narrow lead would have meant an entirely different second leg - or even the old away goals rules...as it is - even with a few of our lads back the deep lying defense we will face is our Achilles heel.

Or they can just call it quits on EUROPA and just go all out on the league. Arsenal's run is more tricky than theirs, they might slip up somewhere. If Liverpool do decide to go with a weaker side next Thursday, which I think they might do, it would be solely to try out pace us in the premier league, after all, we in 3 competitions which we aren't willing to forfeit. Perhaps they will bank on the fact that they are a point clear than us, with 7-games to go, they can see the finish line, with no EUROPA distracting them or draining them out on Thursday's, whilst having a premier league game on Sunday.
Would be a bit shit for Klopp's last season, that.

I think our tie is genuinely in the balance. Madrid's pace can be the factor and we aren't great at breaking down defenses. I think, sadly, it could be very very tough for us next week. Hanging on to a narrow lead would have meant an entirely different second leg - or even the old away goals rules...as it is - even with a few of our lads back the deep lying defense we will face is our Achilles heel.
Not like you to expect the worst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.