The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So true about Villa. They’ve been shocking for weeks now other than the game at the Emirates including when they came to our place (though Watkins was missing that night). The contrast from earlier in the season is astonishing - they outplayed us comprehensively at Villa Park, as much as any team has since 2017 except perhaps peak wankers in black at Anfield once or twice.
Hopefully they’ll hang on to fourth place but that will be more due to the ineptitude of the chasing pack than their own form.
Corrected

It’s bound to happen eventually and tbf it would be far easier to take than if we’d blown it in 2012, 2014, 2019 and 2022. The last one, for example, would have completely changed the narrative around our domination.

Still hope you’re wrong about this year though mate!
Very true - the common factor being we were up against different shades of red scum in each of those

I think Spurs will be playing for top four on Tuesday. Villa are fucked, crippled by injuries and half fit players, they’ve got Liverpool on Monday who have had a weeks rest. Spurs have got Burnley tomorrow, I think there’s a good chance that Vinnie comes away with a point.

I think Spurs could be as well.

Spurs beat Burnley.
Liverpool beat Villa.
Spurs beat City.
Spurs beat Sheffield United.
Villa drops points to Crystal Palace (A).

Not that unrealistic that Spurs will be playing for top 4.

One of the first 2 needs to go the other way.

I think Spurs could be as well.

Spurs beat Burnley.
Liverpool beat Villa.
Spurs beat City.
Spurs beat Sheffield United.
Villa drops points to Crystal Palace (A).

Not that unrealistic that Spurs will be playing for top 4.

One of the first 2 needs to go the other way.

We will have a say in the game either way.

But I think people are writing Villa off a bit. If we beat Fulham, Liverpool are mathematically out of the race. With nothing left to paly for, and Villa fighting for top 4, I don't think it is a foregone conclusion they would get pumped.

Last edited:
The ultimate optimist - daring to suggest the rags might get something against Arsenal! Having said that, the dippers dropped points there when nobody expected it…..
Let’s just worry about Fulham for the time being.
Exactly what Pep will be saying

Pep, serial winner in tight title races is at the helm.
3 wins required.
Players rested.
Full squad available.
Winning run.
Chance of creating history, 4 in 4.
Bluemoon - we’re all doomed, we’re all going to die :-)

My glass is half full. Enjoy the ride blues.
We fight till the end.
CTID

ps should we have a separate thread for the bed wetters???
Thread title. How many points to lose the league?

Since about November we’ve heard the usual nonsense about “must win games”

We’ve had several league games over the last decade that genuinely were must win games, the first of which was of course absolutely fucking mental.

Arsenal haven’t had one for twenty years. It’s a whole different kind of pressure going on the pitch knowing you have to win a game or its curtains. Nobody knows how they’ll react if they have to beat a savvy battle hardened Everton team to win the league. It certainly won’t be a walk in the park.
Their must win game was at ours, but them tarquins settle for a draw.

Their must win game was at ours, but them tarquins settle for a draw.
It would be ironic if we beat them to the title; their lack of ambition here will have cost them dear. You can’t go to a rival believing you can’t beat them, because then you won’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.