The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t help but to think how important and impressive the away win against Palace was. Feels a lot like a turning point and a game where I expected us to lose points. One of our bogey teams in recent seasons and the run they have been on after they lost to us is very impressive. Once again we clicked at just the right time.
A common misconception. In our last 28 meetings, we've lost 3 times (twice in the last 12).

https://www.11v11.com/teams/manchester-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Crystal Palace/

Have you seen them recently? Only 1 game left for them and that's on the 25th.
I'm just clinging onto false hope fella, I wrote them off completely against the dippers...Turned out they got something.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they got anything although you have to take into context that there's massive pressure on Arsenal.

Wasn't long ago we wanted united to do us a favour and get something from Liverpool and they did, most people here in the lead up to that match said they had no chance yet they got a point. Let's hope they do us a favour tomorrow once again. Even though we don't particularly need a favour because it is in our hands but it would be nice.
It's because people adopt "logics" which are not applicable in football. As clear as I can be, despite being "shit", as so many members on this forum insist on reminding us, United are responsible for Liverpool's collapse -and it started with the Cup match, BEFORE the 2-2 draw. Let me repeat that: Despite breaking one negative record after another (still on a negative GD as we speak), it is United that fucked Liverpool's campaign in Klopp's final season, a fact Klopp himself practically has publicly admitted. His team never recovered after the FA Cup exit. And following the draw in the PL, Liverpool lost everything in the space of one week (0-3 vs Atalanta, 0-1 vs Palace). Everton and West Ham simply finished the job...

By the way, I can assure you, Olympiakos are nowhere near Villa's level, yet the English team is out of Europe as we speak, suffering a second defeat in Greece two days ago. A Villa that defeated Arsenal at their home a few weeks ago. It is embarrassing, it is humiliating and it clearly hurt. Yet it happened because it's football, there are hundreds similar "surprising" results in the history of the sport...

Anyway: Arsenal are clear favourites tomorrow, it will be a huge huge failure If they don't win -and trust me, Arteta is fully aware of this. United's moral is fucked, they seem to be missing key players, the atmosphere within the squad is shit, TH is clearly out of his depth, unable to control a single fucking thing, possibly on his way out...

Yes, as much as I would love a "favour", as you put it, as it stands, the home team will probably need a miracle to get a result, still you can never predict safely when it comes to football: Will any of the missing players be available? How will TH approach the match tactically? How will his players respond to his instructions? How determined, ambitious, as well as disciplined, will they be? How will their fans react at OT following recent humiliations? How will Arsenal themselves perform in a must win match? And so on, and so on, and so on. Plus, let's not forget about the officials and their influence...

As I said, this is football we're talking about. Not basketball, to give an example. You see, the determinisms of other sports (such as basketball) simply do not exist in modern football. Complicated? Nope, beyond that, try chaotic. That's the reality we're facing. And it has been a reality for like three decades now. And it's not expected to change any time soon. Still there are people who seem unable to understand this, I have no idea why...

If United didn’t have so many injuries I’d be confident they could get something. But with the defence they will have to put out tomorrow I can only see a comfortable arsenal victory

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.