The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont like this schedule difference. going 4 points behind from 2 points ahead without playing, it removes the chance of Arse playing potentially 6 points behind in a certain game with so much extra pressure.

had this scheduling be the other way around we now could be 8 points ahead with 2 more games ahead of Arse which puts them under sick amount pressure to win their next.

either way we cannot make any mistakes in last 6 games, brutal run is needed next 5 PL games 4 will away from home. this is the acid test.
Brighton away, they have lots of injuries but a decent side.
Forest away, they fight for their lives to avoid Champo, we messed up this fixture last season getting only 1-1.
Wolves at home, hopefully a simple win, albeit they will be happy to sit back and frustrate us with counters unless we can score early.
Fulham away, strange side, seen them play very compact and very well vs better sides too but also sometimes naive, easy to give up chances etc.
Spurs away absolute bogey side, Son to score against the run of play with his first counter chance of the game. they need 4th for CL. our league record at their place is horrific.
WHU absolute rubbish last few weeks. if we get to this game needing a win to win the title, I will be very optimistic.

this is hard enough, not even sure how would we manage this if now we had two more games vs Bayern in CL. we are not as good as last season, scoring goals not happening from that many sources (Gundo, Mahrez), Haaland scoring about 60/65% of what he did last time etc.

would really love Arse or dippers lose one more game to give us a chance to also have an off game
Maybe the Arse going to Spurs and the dippers to Villa could be the games that give us some more wiggle room

Maybe the Arse going to Spurs and the dippers to Villa could be the games that give us some more wiggle room

I will admit, I've got my eye on that weekend.

It's the first time we can put some pressure on. If we assume everyone wins their games up to that point then by beating Fulham we'll be on 85pts by winning that game, with 2 games to play.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be on 83pts before they play the Rags and Villa away respectively.

They'll have the pressure of not only needing to win, but also knowing if they lose then we can win the title against Spurs, rather than have to win it to go top before the final day.

However, on what has happened so far this season I'd be stunned if it we all win all of our games up to that point.

A little bit of hope in terms of Arsenal dropping points...

Since 2000 they've only won 3 times in the league at Spurs and 3 times at the swamp.

And I don't know when they last won at both. Much like we write off Spurs and Liverpool away these days, they don't do to well at either ground in the league.

Corresponding fixtures would see Arsenal collect 10pts getting 87pts in total, Liverpool 12pts (86) and City 13pts (86). So we need to find a bit more.

Just need to do our jobs in each game we are playing. We still have it in our hands, win all the games, win the league. I can’t see Arsenal dropping any points so we have to be perfect

We take a draw and try bank on Tottenham taking something from Arsenal would be foolish. We draw this match, the title is over for us. Arsenal will make sure to steamroll Tottenham and ManU. They already have a superior GD, which counts as a point by itself. I can not imagine use getting stopped by GD on our way to making history and winning the 4-Peat, that would be very hard to take!!!
Pedant alert …

A vastly superior goal difference is only “worth” half a point.

As you were

This title race will be like the tour the France. Whoever is leading the table on the penultimate weekend of the season wins the title. 3 straight routine home wins on the final day for the title challengers ( yes I know 2012 and 2022 were supposed to be routine)
I hope you’re not referring to scurrilous rumours about those plucky scousers and their alleged inhaler problem. Allegedly.

Arsenal are not dropping anymore points IMO, but that doesn't matter as we only have to concentrate on us. These next 4 days are crucial, if we get 2 wins then we will win the league. After Forest it's near enough a game a week until the end, so we will be fully refreshed from Wolves onwards. All away games are tough but Brighton and forest are on poor runs we should be winning both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.