The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you get to May and you’re still in with a chance of the title you know it’s been a damn good season.

Regardless of what happens from here on in this squad has done amazingly well. The dippers imploded the season after going to the wire in their pretend quad season - shattered mentally and physically. Our boys are made of stronger stuff.
They are also led not
mis- led !!

The culture starts at the very top and filters down into open,receptive & respectful minds.

Our sustained success is not by accident !!

Spurs lose tonight away to Chelsea and lose away to Liverpool on Sunday, which is not impossible, Villa can secure top 4 on Sunday away to Brighton.

Spurs will likely only need 3 points then against Sheffield United to confirm 5th next weekend.

Meaning, when they play us their season is pretty much done.

That is the scenario we want.
I can see Villa doing Liverpool at Villa Park, hopefully that confirms top four for them. Going to Spurs with them just behind Villa would be a nightmare.

Just want to share with everybody that United are 16th place this season on the expected points table. They've been incredibly lucky this season and any United fan who thinks they're trending in the right direction by finishing in the top 6 is a blind wanker.

1714653494582.png

And for anyone curious, if Arsenal remain ahead of us on this list (doubtful as we have the game in hand), then it'd be the first time we don't win the table on xG since when Leciester won in 2015/16.

Even when Liverpool won the covid cup with 99 points we were the much, much better side:

1714653822111.png

No real point in sharing this. Just emphasizing that we're the best in all of the land.

If we do win the league I think it will be down to taking a point at home to arsenal and going out of the CL giving us less games to play - two seemingly poor results at home.
No way would we have won the league if we’d stayed in the CL, probably lost that too as fatigue was killing the team. This week off has been a blessing for all of them.

Considering we lost Kev, Jack, Erling, John for significant chunks of the season, and losing Gundog, Mahrez and Palmer last summer, I think the lads have done a brilliant job. For sure some of the new signings take time to settle, but so many struggle to get the City chemistry right away. Gvardiol is beginning to show why we bought him, Kovacic pretty solid overall, Doku needs to look up more but great potential, and Nunez could still come good with a bit more experience, and Rico, Oskar etc show our youngsters can step up when required. People have criticised Alvarez but he was magnificent first half of the season, and showing signs of form again. If we finish second, so be it, but it would put pressure on to beat United in the final. The media will never let us sleep if we don’t win a trophy

If you don't gain experience as you get older, then you're doing it wrong.

I did also point out that they mostly lack experience of winning major titles
Just to clarify my point. I am not disputing that Arsenal are a young side, however I do not think they are an inexperienced team as @bridgeno1 suggested. Most of their young first team players have north of 150 first team appearances, so well on the way to being seasoned pros. Your point on inexperienced at winning major trophies is a fair one but, outside of us and potentially the dippers, which current premier league players have that experience? You could argue that 4 are in the Arsenal squad.

My original point that I believe if Arsenal don’t win the league this year ‘they are done’ stands. That is my opinion and people will disagree. Will they get better, as they are a young side? They will need to, especially if they do win the league as we will improve whilst Pep is here - experience tells you that.

No way would we have won the league if we’d stayed in the CL, probably lost that too as fatigue was killing the team. This week off has been a blessing for all of them.

We would have done a Leeds United at the end of the sixties, beginning of the seventies, i.e. being in everything, missing out on everything. I'm more and more certain of it. Now we come back fresh for Wolves, and then the final push with the two away games. We may still not win anything. But I'm firmly convinced there was no ‘may’ about it had we limped through to the semi-finals of the CL, and then the final.

Just to clarify my point. I am not disputing that Arsenal are a young side, however I do not think they are an inexperienced team as @bridgeno1 suggested. Most of their young first team players have north of 150 first team appearances, so well on the way to being seasoned pros. Your point on inexperienced at winning major trophies is a fair one but, outside of us and potentially the dippers, which current premier league players have that experience? You could argue that 4 are in the Arsenal squad.

My original point that I believe if Arsenal don’t win the league this year ‘they are done’ stands. That is my opinion and people will disagree. Will they get better, as they are a young side? They will need to, especially if they do win the league as we will improve whilst Pep is here - experience tells you that.
I meant inexperienced in terms of winning the PL. That lack of experience cost them last year. This year it will go to the last day.

I can see Villa doing Liverpool at Villa Park, hopefully that confirms top four for them. Going to Spurs with them just behind Villa would be a nightmare.
The only problem is that Villa are playing tonight but hopefully they will be fully fit for liverpool match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.