The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I`ll be shocked if you don`t put a least 5 past them. I always like seeing those twats getting a pounding, but strange things happen in run ins and you haven`t yet proved you can overcome the pressure and win. You haven`t won a trophy since 2020 which I think is your problem, so the question is do your players really believe you can win. We`ll see.

Hopefully if we can get a win at Fulham I can sit back and enjoy your game what ever the outcome.
Oh our players absolutely believe we can win, we've just got the slight issue of Man City also going for the title!

I think both sides will win all their games and we go again next season with both teams strengthening over the summer. Irony is Villa have been absolute dogshit of late apart from that 2-0 win at the Emirates, now they couldn't buy a win!

I am remaining quite calm about the next 3 games,belief in the modern City way is finally beginning to hit home to me as a fan since early 1970s,would absolutely love to get the 4 in a row however also realise whatever the outcome we are the best team of this age by far,and cannot win everything.

I am remaining quite calm about the next 3 games,belief in the modern City way is finally beginning to hit home to me as a fan since early 1970s,would absolutely love to get the 4 in a row however also realise whatever the outcome we are the best team of this age by far,and cannot win everything.
This post should be pinned at the top of every match day thread.

Oh our players absolutely believe we can win, we've just got the slight issue of Man City also going for the title!

I think both sides will win all their games and we go again next season with both teams strengthening over the summer. Irony is Villa have been absolute dogshit of late apart from that 2-0 win at the Emirates, now they couldn't buy a win!

Proof of the pudding.

If we are discussing permutations, you raised the point of pressure on Arsenal the following day, and how a bigger goal margin would add to that, on top of giving us a cushion etc.

I'll be honest, I think a marginal last minute win would deflate them more than a resounding comfortable one. Obviously would rather want the second one, but happy with any whichever way it comes, and I think both will have a similar effect. I'd also rather thake two 1-0 wins in a row, than a 6-0 and a 1-1.

I believe the players are much like us fans at this time of the year. Both sets will be focussed on the game ahead, but I would expect the City players will be hoping for an Arsenal slip up this weekend and feeling like they'd like a bit of margin for error going to Spurs. And similarly, Arsenal's players will be hoping we slip up somewhere and probably have the Spurs game in their heads as the one. If we can pile the goals in on Saturday it puts a bit of added pressure on Arsenal going into the last game, because we could draw and then still win it which isn't currently an option.

Anything that deflates them, or forces them to play slightly differently could be important.

But saying all that doesn't mean I don't respect the fact Fulham away is a difficult game and they don't concede very many at home at all.

Good for you I’m shitting bricks, there’s zero room for error, I still fucking hate us passing around our area, even though we’ve done it for 7 years and are brilliant at it!

So true about Villa. They’ve been shocking for weeks now other than the game at the Emirates including when they came to our place (though Watkins was missing that night). The contrast from earlier in the season is astonishing - they outplayed us comprehensively at Villa Park, as much as any team has since 2017 except perhaps peak Klopp Liverpool at Anfield once or twice.
Hopefully they’ll hang on to fourth place but that will be more due to the ineptitude of the chasing pack than their own form.

I believe the players are much like us fans at this time of the year. Both sets will be focussed on the game ahead, but I would expect the City players will be hoping for an Arsenal slip up this weekend and feeling like they'd like a bit of margin for error going to Spurs. And similarly, Arsenal's players will be hoping we slip up somewhere and probably have the Spurs game in their heads as the one. If we can pile the goals in on Saturday it puts a bit of added pressure on Arsenal going into the last game, because we could draw and then still win it which isn't currently an option.

Anything that deflates them, or forces them to play slightly differently could be important.

But saying all that doesn't mean I don't respect the fact Fulham away is a difficult game and they don't concede very many at home at all.
If we go away to Fulham 10 times I'd expect us to win 8, draw 1 and lose 1.

Every season there are a few games where we absolutely batter the opposition and through pure luck don't win. Real home was the last one. I have total belief in the players and their ability to do the job, and that is bolstered by our full squad and current form, but this is my fear. A devastating freak result.

On the flip side it could happen to Arsenal too of course.

Winning it by winning all our games, with Arsenal winning all theirs, would imo feel much better than them slipping up.

Bur would I happily take them slipping up, to not endure the suspense? Absolutely. If they don't, the ride is there to be enjoyed. First stop, Fulham away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.