The top 20 biggest clubs in England

baldmosher said:
THFC6061 said:
I do have an adjusted table, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference overall.
It must drop utd down a peg, surely? This is paramount.

The Top 20 adjusted for 2 points for a win...

4,499 Liverpool
4,424 Everton
4,480 Newcastle United
4,130 Manchester United
4,122 Arsenal
3,230 Aston Villa
3,234 Manchester City
3,282 Tottenham Hotspur
3,311 Chelsea
3,129 Sunderland
2,662 Bolton Wanderers
2,743 Sheffield Wednesday
2,649 West Bromwich Albion
2,572 Blackburn Rovers
2,397 Leeds United
2,412 Sheffield United
2,215 Derby County
2,149 Wolverhampton Wndrs
2,227 Middlesbrough
2,048 Birmingham City

Interesting no-one's ever suggested Huddersfield Town in that list. It's a fair while ago now, but they do have three league titles to their credit which is more than most - and of course more than City for that matter. I have a bit of a soft spot for them anyway, as I used to go and watch them when I was at university (and had to try not to mention a certain result!).

Oh and by the way, they're 41 league games unbeaten at the moment, which is just "wow".

Posted on Everton forum NSNO.co.uk on 24 October 2011

Who would be in your ideal EPL (by efcraz)
teams like wigan and blackburn annoy me, i would like to see teams with history, fans and tradition

everton
liverpool
man utd
man city
forrest
leeds
newcastle
chelsea
fulham
west ham
spurs
villa
wed
wolves

struggling with the rest

Oh look, it's the weekly "Bolton/Stoke/Wigan shouldn't be in the Premier League and Wednesday/Forest/Leeds should thread"...

And the same people will complain about how shit it is that some people don't want City to be in the top four at the expense of Rags/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool.

Guess what? Here is the list of the 20 clubs that deserve to be in the Premier League:
Arsenal · Aston Villa · Blackburn · Bolton · Chelsea · Everton · Fulham · Liverpool · Manchester City · Manchester United · Newcastle United · Norwich City · Queens Park Rangers · Stoke City · Sunderland · Swansea · Tottenham · West Bromwich Albion · Wigan · Wolverhampton

Wheelsy said:
Oh look, it's the weekly "Bolton/Stoke/Wigan shouldn't be in the Premier League and Wednesday/Forest/Leeds should thread"... And the same people will complain about how shit it is that some people don't want City to be in the top four at the expense of Rags/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool. Guess what? Here is the list of the 20 clubs that deserve to be in the Premier League: Arsenal · Aston Villa · Blackburn · Bolton · Chelsea · Everton · Fulham · Liverpool · Manchester City · Manchester United · Newcastle United · Norwich City · Queens Park Rangers · Stoke City · Sunderland · Swansea · Tottenham · West Bromwich Albion · Wigan · Wolverhampton

But surely not in that order?

Wheelsy said:
Oh look, it's the weekly "Bolton/Stoke/Wigan shouldn't be in the Premier League and Wednesday/Forest/Leeds should thread"...

And the same people will complain about how shit it is that some people don't want City to be in the top four at the expense of Rags/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool.

Guess what? Here is the list of the 20 clubs that deserve to be in the Premier League:
Arsenal · Aston Villa · Blackburn · Bolton · Chelsea · Everton · Fulham · Liverpool · Manchester City · Manchester United · Newcastle United · Norwich City · Queens Park Rangers · Stoke City · Sunderland · Swansea · Tottenham · West Bromwich Albion · Wigan · Wolverhampton
Agreed. The likes of Wigan, Bolton etc are in the premier league because they have earned their place there. It has fuck all to do with the size of their support. If the three ''sleeping giants''™ you mentioned are to get back in the PL, let them get their arses into gear and earn a spot by producing on the pitch. The fans they have will only do so much for them; the team has to produce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.