The top 4

moomba

We all know that the target for this season is top 4 now, and after hearing the news yesterday in the first half I started taking an interest in the results of the teams around us for that 3rd and 4th spot that I think is there for the taking.

Thought I'd have a look at the games ahead for the likely contenders, I know nothing will be decided in December and January, but it makes it a whole lot more interesting when theres a few sides in the mix for one or two positions.

Anyway, I don't reckon Arsenal is a sure thing for top 4, so I'll include them, Villa, Spurs and City. Would love to see us really push up that mini-league in the next month.

Arsenal - 35 points (17 matches) - Villa (h), Portsmouth (a), Bolton (h), Everton (h), Bolton (a), Villa (a), Man United (h)
Aston Villa - 35 points (18 matches) - Arsenal (a), Liverpool (h), Wigan (a), West Ham (h), Arsenal (h), Fulham (a)
Tottenham - 33 points (18 matches) - Fulham (a), West Ham (h), Liverpool (h), Hull (a), Fulham (h), Birmingham (a)
MAN CITY - 29 points (17 matches) - Stoke (h), Wolves (a), Blackburn (h), Everton (a), Stoke (a), Portsmouth (h)
Liverpool - 27 points (18 matches) - Wolves (h), Villa (a), Spurs (h), Stoke (a), Wolves (a), Bolton (h)

I know you can't take any result for granted, but we really need to pick up points in this period, it's only going to get harder from there.

On paper every one of those games are ones we should win. Think I said something similar before our run of draws though... :p

But this really is an opportunity, now or never isn't it? If we don't break into the top 4 during these games we might never do it this season. Our attack is good enough so Ade being gone isn't a problem (in fact we might be better of without him or with him fighting for his place), Toure might be a concern but there are plenty of capable defenders long as we give them enough cover. Hopefully Bobby Mancini will sort it all out.

I'm excited!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.