The Trajectory coming to haunt us?

jamiegrimble said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
That would probably have been 6 draws with Hughes. How's that TRAJECTORY?
Good point.We can only judge though truly by Stats before us. Hows that Trajectory doing?

We're getting 2 points a game under Mancini, just under 1.8 under Hughes. I think you could even put that on some sort of chart.

jamiegrimble said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Seeing as you posted Mancini's away record up, post his 100% home record and compare it with MH's.
Wonderful stuff this TRAJECTORY isn't it?
Gladly after the Bolton game.Lets keep an eye on how things progress.

Why not put them up now? After all he has had 3 home matches in the league (as opposed to 3 away). Why wait for a 4th? Unless you're hoping for a Bolton win to make your figures closer to Bobby Mancs. Apology accepted mate.

CheethamHillBlue said:
jamiegrimble said:
Gladly after the Bolton game.Lets keep an eye on how things progress.

Why not put them up now? After all he has had 3 home matches in the league (as opposed to 3 away). Why wait for a 4th? Unless you're hoping for a Bolton win to make your figures closer to Bobby Mancs. Apology accepted mate.
You can put the home stats up if you want. I wont be yet. I have no figures, just a few stats attempting to make sense of cook's Trajectory I will be keeping this thread updated as the season progresses. Not a Mancini v Hughes thread. More a lets see how the Cook trajectory materializes.

What you are saying is just wrong. The average points per game has gone back up since Mancini took over. We are currently a grand total of 1.2 points behind our target, win on Tuesday and we are slap bang on target. If you want to talk about performances, fine, but your claims about the stats are wrong.

bizzbo said:
What you are saying is just wrong. The average points per game has gone back up since Mancini took over. We are currently a grand total of 1.2 points behind our target, win on Tuesday and we are slap bang on target. If you want to talk about performances, fine, but your claims about the stats are wrong.
I havnt said anything yet.Lets see how the Trajectory pans out.

Right, can I just make it clear:

1. I'm skint. I didn't even go to the game today, so am staying in tonight.
2. Sister is watching Casualty, so I'm on the PC.
3. I'm bored.

So. With that out the way, I give you.....[drumroll]....THE TRAAAAAAJECTOREEEEEEEEE

pointstrajectory.jpg

The orange line is where we changed from Hughes to Bobby. As you can see, Hughes was way above expectations first few games of the seasons, then it dipped below the 'trajectory' until he was sacked. Bobby Manc has actually performed, so far, right on the trajectory....the flat blue line is of course, the points total until the end of the season...which I may predict based on upcoming fixtures to see if we may make the final 70 point target!!!

Some more numbers:

United: 56 point on 25 played = 85pts projected
Chelsea: 55/24 = 87pts
Arsenal: 49/24 = 78pts
Liverpool: 44/25 = 67pts
Tottenham: 43/25 = 66pts
City: 41/23 = 68pts

As we see, we are on track for 4th place.

Under Mancini, we have made 12 pts on 6 games. If we continue like that we'll make 30 points and end up at 71.
There is a significant jump to 3rd place. To reach that we need 13 wins of 15 games, which seems unlikely (assuming Arsenal doesn't start playing badly, of course).

Re: The Trajectory?Lets keep an eye on it.

Nice 3 points tonight. Things look like we are back on track. Can Anyone update the Trajectory chart started by Scall?

Mark Hughes Home games:
Man City 1-0 Wolverhampton
Man City 4-2 Arsenal
Man City 3-1 West Ham
Man City 2-2 Fulham
Man City 3-3 Burnley
Man City 1-1 Hull
Man City 2-1 Chelsea
Man City 4-3 Sunderland

Mancini Home games:
Man City 2-0 Stoke
Man City 4-1 Blackburn
Man City 2-0 Portsmouth
Man City 2 v 0 Bolton,

At Present
Played 24 points 44
Games left :14
Points needed: 26
To reach cook’s target we need to win about 9 of the 14 games left to us.
Maybe win 8 Draw 2 ?

Fixtures:
Stoke v Man City,
Man City v Liverpool,
Chelsea v Man City,
Man City v Tottenham,
Sunderland v Man City,
Fulham v Man City,
Man City v Wigan,
Burnley v Man City,
Man City v Birmingham,
Man City v Man Utd,
Arsenal v Man City,
Man City v Aston Villa,
West Ham v Man City,
Man city Everton

scall said:
Right, can I just make it clear:

1. I'm skint. I didn't even go to the game today, so am staying in tonight.
2. Sister is watching Casualty, so I'm on the PC.
3. I'm bored.

So. With that out the way, I give you.....[drumroll]....THE TRAAAAAAJECTOREEEEEEEEE

pointstrajectory.jpg

The orange line is where we changed from Hughes to Bobby. As you can see, Hughes was way above expectations first few games of the seasons, then it dipped below the 'trajectory' until he was sacked. Bobby Manc has actually performed, so far, right on the trajectory....the flat blue line is of course, the points total until the end of the season...which I may predict based on upcoming fixtures to see if we may make the final 70 point target!!!

Not sure I like where the blue line goes for the rest of the season. What do you know that we don't...?

Re: The Trajectory?Lets keep an eye on it.

Of the remaining games I think it will play out like this

Fixtures:
Stoke v Man City, W
Man City v Liverpool, W
Chelsea v Man City, L
Man City v Tottenham, D
Sunderland v Man City, W
Fulham v Man City, D
Man City v Wigan, W
Burnley v Man City, W
Man City v Birmingham, W
Man City v Man Utd, D
Arsenal v Man City, L
Man City v Aston Villa, W
West Ham v Man City, W
Man city Everton W

That gives us 30 points from the last 14 games. Leaving us on 74 points. I think it will finish us on around 71-74 points and dippers and Spurs on 69-70. Its going to be close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.