The treble on display

Do you know how many there are?
No, just recall each club gets 2 PL trophies.
The FA Cup has a replica for loan to the winner, and the original.
The CL trophy is a new thing...

When they came to China with the PL and League Cup, the PL trophy was the replica and the LC was the original

No, just recall each club gets 2 PL trophies.
The FA Cup has a replica for loan to the winner, and the original.
The CL trophy is a new thing...

When they came to China with the PL and League Cup, the PL trophy was the replica and the LC was the original

Makes sense.

Even though we know there are official replicas, I'm assuming the illusion must be maintained that the one folk have their pic with is the original. So that would mean they can't be on display simultaneously in different parts of the world. So if the trophies are on display in Dallas today, official replica or not, they can't be on display in the shop at the same time.

Or not.

What do I know!

This is all off the top of my head, this was never a conundrum back in the day for old farts like me, who still can't shake off memories of the slog to 40 points ;-)

Last edited:
My lad told me that the original CL trophy has a different size font for the writing on the front than the replicas..... I have absolutely no idea whether this is true or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.