The trophy itself

Re: the trophy its self ..

SuperYaya said:
A banner will unfurl saying "The real trophy is inside each and every one of us" and we will go home with a warm fuzzy feeling contemplating the metaphor.

hahahah quality

the real trophy will be at ours, the plastic one will be at Sunderland for them to dream over.

BTH said:
eastlands oasis said:
PL have a trophy, 2 sets of medals and platforms, plus presentation parties at both grounds

They've got two trophies. There'll be one at each ground. One'll be presented; the other won't see light of day... like several thousand Premiership winners T-shirts, so let's hope the binmen of Sunderland will be busy on Tuesday morning!

In one of Gary James' books, he describes how, when we won the League in '68, the trophy stayed at The Swamp and, predictably, the rags couldn't find the keys to their safe or open it or something like that! They can take it up to Sunderland on their coach with them... so long as they don't bring it back!

Yes, it was normally on display on the boardroom table and a journalist said that when he went into the boardroom at full time it had mysteriously vanished to be replaced by "5 shillings worth of flowers" - he asked secretary Les Olive what had happened to it. He said that he thought someone had collected it earlier in the week. He asked Matt Busby - he said he had no idea where it was.

He then asked a female staff member who admitted it had been locked up 'in the vault'.

Joe Mercer told journalists at Newcastle he'd walk all the way to OT to collect it if necessary.

The trophy was presented at a friendly with Bury a few days later.

Gary James said:
BTH said:
eastlands oasis said:
PL have a trophy, 2 sets of medals and platforms, plus presentation parties at both grounds

They've got two trophies. There'll be one at each ground. One'll be presented; the other won't see light of day... like several thousand Premiership winners T-shirts, so let's hope the binmen of Sunderland will be busy on Tuesday morning!

In one of Gary James' books, he describes how, when we won the League in '68, the trophy stayed at The Swamp and, predictably, the rags couldn't find the keys to their safe or open it or something like that! They can take it up to Sunderland on their coach with them... so long as they don't bring it back!

Yes, it was normally on display on the boardroom table and a journalist said that when he went into the boardroom at full time it had mysteriously vanished to be replaced by "5 shillings worth of flowers" - he asked secretary Les Olive what had happened to it. He said that he thought someone had collected it earlier in the week. He asked Matt Busby - he said he had no idea where it was.

He then asked a female staff member who admitted it had been locked up 'in the vault'.

Joe Mercer told journalists at Newcastle he'd walk all the way to OT to collect it if necessary.

The trophy was presented at a friendly with Bury a few days later.
I was taken to that game, as a ten year old!

salfordpaul said:
drove past barton airport today and spotted the blimp, sitting, waiting patiently for sunday !! surely thats a sign !!

What was Wayne Rooney doing at Barton?

sorry I thought you said "Gimp"

The Goat 10 said:
I hope they keep it half-way, I want us to be lifting the real deal not some replica.

I don't give a shit about this.

the real one will be at city. the barclays replica will be at sunderland. like suggested earlier, i guess scudamore will be part of the party that come to the etihad.

Does anyone know the story behind this? It was a picture that was used a lot in national newspapers but no one ever seemed to notice the bloody great dent in it.

5c2986b9-fee1-1c38.jpg

For sheer symbolism, I would love to see the trophy sat on the back of a motorbike courier outside the shithole at the final whistle.

Filmed from the Sky copters, above, watching it effortlessly move through the empty streets of Trafford and across the border, as it reaches the Mancunian Way.

All watching the big screen as it makes it way back to Manchester for the first time since 1968, like an Olympic marathon runner as he enters the stadium.

Poetry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.