The turning point

Marvin

The final game had twists and turns and summed up the season and there were many significant moments in the season.

One big turning point was Ashley Young's dives culminating in their 2-0 win against QPR when Shaun Derry was sent off when the offside Young was brought down for a penalty.

Up until that time Utd seemed to be playing against 10 men every other week and being awarded penalties every other week.

And what happened afterwards? Ferguson was forced into public criticism of his player, and they haven't won a penalty or played against 10 men since. And the result is their form collapsed.

Of course there's a lot more to it, such as our own run of wins. In the aftermath of the Arsenal defeat, who would imagine we'd have gone on to win every game, but once Utd went 8 points ahead it was in their hands so it's worth looking at why they cracked. The Ashley Young dives were part of that. Complacency was a factor too

Or maybe they just where not that good i know people say the blew an 8 point lead but it's funny that they blew such a lead against teams that where willing to not just lay down and die.The dropped points against sides that in all fairness had a go at them just a shame others have not twigged on that in all honesty they are not that good.

there were more turning points than is worth mentioning, 2 in the aguero goal:

first, watch Kompanys run to drag Taiwo across and out of position creating the space for Aguero

Second, Taye taiwo made a lunge at Aguero and actually caught him on the ankle if you look at the replay, but aguero stood up and buried it

GET THE FUCK IN CITY!

One big turning point was when Everton lost the semi final of the FA cup.

If they had won that game, they would have rolled over against the rags, because not one of them would have gone into a 50/50 for fear of sustaining an injury that would keep them out of the final - not one of them would have stretched for a tackle for fear of popping a hamstring, not one of them would have had the desire to snatch a point when they were 4-2 down.

Marvin said:
once Utd went 8 points ahead it was in their hands so it's worth looking at why they cracked.

This has bugged me a little bit. Sad, I know. Was it Mancini conceding it ? "eez finish now"
What I'm getting at is Keegan's "love it" rant was as good a United team talk as Old Purplenose himself could give whereas Mancini saying they were too good to lose it was too much pressure for them to live up to and they crumbled?
Or maybe it's a lot simpler.

WE ARE BETTER

We are better, but we were 8 points behind

City fans commented throughout the season that they couldn't believe that utd were so close despite being inferior. My point is that Ashley Young's dives removed their refereeing crutch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.